VHTV and the Chamber of Chatters

It was some strange form on some of the letters I wrote there in my last post. Looks rather strange. :hugs: :slight_smile:

Microsoft Edge works as good as many others i have tried, they all have their funny moments, much like many of the posters on here :laughing:

Because the auto-format text. You can see that it’s between the ’ used on don’t

Unfortunately, and this is probably true for all the translator apps, they translate something ‘literallly’ and cannot express any ‘nuance’ or ‘colloquial’ use of a phrase…

For example: ‘He has **** written all over him’ would translate as a person being a ****, because ‘it is written all over him’, whereas in colloquial English it is taken as meaning ‘he really looks like a ****’, not saying he actually is a **** .

I hope that our non-English speakers can translate that OK. :smiley:

That certainly aint easy, that is for sure. :hugs:

Fucking hell you swallowed the b___dy dictionary or something? :rofl:

So do momens operators…

I don’t listen also( also don’t listen), but any camgirl that want to have views has to talk english

Actually, if you wanted to write that entire sentence properly (and correct it as accordingly), It would read thus:

“I don’t listen either but (notice there is no comma before or after the word ‘but’ as there doesn’t need to be - ‘but’ is a conjoining word and acts as a natural breathing space, hence it does not need its own comma EVER) any camgirl who wants to receive more views, has to speak in English, even if only at a basic level”.

…
This reads more clearly and accurately. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Extended Rules for Using Commas

Comma Use

1. Use commas to separate independent clauses when they are joined by any of these seven coordinating conjunctions: and, but, for, or, nor, so, yet.

The game was over, but the crowd refused to leave.

The student explained her question, yet the instructor still didn’t seem to understand.

Yesterday was her brother’s birthday, so she took him out to dinner.

2. Use commas after introductory a) clauses, b) phrases, or c) words that come before the main clause.

a. Common starter words for introductory clauses that should be followed by a comma include after, although, as, because, if, since, when, while.

While I was eating, the cat scratched at the door.

Because her alarm clock was broken, she was late for class.

If you are ill, you ought to see a doctor.

When the snow stops falling, we’ll shovel the driveway.

However, don’t put a comma after the main clause when a dependent (subordinate) clause follows it (except for cases of extreme contrast).

INCORRECT: The cat scratched at the door, while I was eating.

CORRECT: She was still quite upset, although she had won the Oscar. (This comma use is correct, because it is an example of extreme contrast.)

b. Common introductory phrases that should be followed by a comma include participial and infinitive phrases, absolute phrases, nonessential appositive phrases, and long prepositional phrases (over four words).

Having finished the test, he left the room.

To get a seat, you’d better come early.

After the test but before lunch, I went jogging.

The sun radiating intense heat, we sought shelter in the cafe.

c. Common introductory words that should be followed by a comma include yes, however, well.

Well, perhaps he meant no harm.

Yes, the package should arrive tomorrow morning.

However, you may not be satisfied with the results.

1 Like

Yes but are you simply applying that to American ‘English’? I of course, wasn’t.

There was a time over here when what I was saying originally, was being taught in English classes as the rules of correct English. the basic idea being that certain conjoining words simply don’t need a comma as those words act as a natural breathing place. The point of a comma being, to make the reader break up (and allow them breath if needed, for reading aloud) a sentence / paragraph.

Anyway, I have gone way off topic now so I apologise to anyone reading this.

1 Like

Mark Disagree GIF by VVD
Bundesliga Esports GIF by FC Augsburg 1907

1 Like

This is most probably true, although I don’t think I have much control over that. When I ask Google a question, since I live in the US, it biases my responses to the US, and even my locality, and I don’t get answers pertaining to other countries.

There may be a way around that, but 99%, if not all, of my answers from Google I want to pertain to the US. For example, if I was looking for a Starbucks, I wouldn’t want Google to point me to one in England, unless that’s where I was, of course.
:blush: :blush:

qui suis le rugby ce soir ?

An american trying to tell the english how to write english, that’s hilarious.
The americans want to sort our their spelling first :laughing:

Geez everytime I come to this topic I never get disappointed by the amount of bs here :joy::see_no_evil:

Save some time reading that crap? :joy::joy::see_no_evil:

Well, that is a thing which is totally up to each and every one of us, I will give you that. :hugs: :laughing: :laughing:

When I really want to laugh, this topic is always good… :joy:

VHTV is real life… you happen to meet a girl in the park … goes with her to himself and has sex.

Later, she takes a picture of her identity card and all is well.

I have something like that at least 1x a week … :rofl: :grinning:

You think I care? People there are here by their own will. If viewers think it is against their moral compass they can always watch the Disney channel :joy: :joy: