VHTV and the Chamber of Chatters

bravo you do well … remember to write the Italians equals spaghetti so much and the only thing you know…

To put it this way. I am glad that Norway is not a participating part of the Euro 2024 tournament. The norwegian team would for sure only be used as a real prügelknabe for the other nations. Sorry to say it. Just an honest view. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

These sensitivities in this forum are getting worse and worse. One increasingly get the impression that some people here are just waiting to reproach another member for using incorrect language. A tip: Just pull the stick out of your backside and don’t take everything so seriously. There is so much suffering in the world, is it really necessary to argue over such trivialities as “spaghetti” and “potatoes”? :sweat_smile:

By the way: I LOVE SPAGHETTI :wink:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with the Norwegian soccer team. So I can’t say anything about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

That I understand fully. Still it is a legitimate and true view of point. And I am fond of Spaghetti aswell. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am saying that even though I am norwegian. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t do it on purpose but I’m tired as an Italian always hearing the same phrases and I’m not just talking about this forum but in general… Italian equals spaghetti and other bulls__t like that…

2 Likes

I don’t take such stereotypes or clichés seriously at all, and certainly not personally. It seems to be the opposite with you. So out of respect, I will refrain from using this metaphor in future. :wink:

1 Like

I’m not a person who can tell you how to use your language…you can do whatever you want, I just responded to a classic phrase like Italian equals spaghetti…(I don’t want you to think I have it with you)… :hugs:

2 Likes

Nor are the Norwegians :laughing:

3 Likes

I am quite familiar with them, but it is a harshly true point that they have nothing to do in such a tournament like this. The same thing would have applied even if they would have been able to qualify. Harshly said, but just a fact. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

that’s the same for me…
Everyone outside the Netherlands thinks that we all wear clogs and have a bicycle with a trailer coupling

5 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have seen it!
Since June 21 1988 Hamburg is considerd to be part of the Netherlands :tada::tada:

3 Likes

I didn’t even know that. My interest in soccer started in 1990 with the World Cup. But the 2:1 in 1988 explains a lot, of course. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

my interesnt ended then i guess, if i have to name three players of our national team at the moment i would have to pass

1 Like

Wait until Monday and you’ll see how football is played
Red Devils Football GIF by Royal Belgian FA

7 Likes

Then let’s hope that changes with today’s game. :wink:

May the better team win! :soccer: :goal_net: :netherlands: :poland:

Better remember July 7th, 1974… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

2 Likes

That was the date and year Germany won the World Cup Final for the 2nd time? Am I right? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Exactly, against the Netherlands… :boom:

3 Likes