Lags and latest site problems

I have used most browsers but still prefer to stick with Edge, they all have their funny quirks really from time to time.

You have really just confirmed my thoughts really that any problems, or most funnies, we get generally boils down to the forum software to be honest but VH will never admit that. :joy:

Videos at forum displaying as black boxes is, unfortunately, new & “normal” behavior of forum software core. We reported that to forum developers in attempt to make this change optional. Their justification to remove video previews globally across thousands of forums around the web is to prevent browsers in some cases to load the whole video in attempt to display the video preview image. I haven’t run into such behavior of my browsers, that’s why I find this change very strange, and hope they will be able to either roll back these changes or make these optional.

This does not change any other functionality with videos as these continue to be playable by all the devices. So, in case something doesn’t load for you at forum while there are no other reports by other users, this may indicate problems on your side only.

Thanks for the honest reply, it’s good to be proved wrong with ones (mine) opinions sometimes. :+1:

This happened on my tablet and would some times slow my tablet down on this forum, but since the change it has been better for loading pages on my tablet.

1 Like

Wow that’s a first saying you are happy pal :joy:

You keep writing that you watch the forum and the stream page on your cell phone.
Let’s be honest: I only look at it on my cell phone when I don’t have a PC nearby. And I often despair on my cell phone because everything is too small for me (except my fingers) :joy: :joy: :joy:

Don’t you have a PC?
And if so, do your problems also exist?

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Confused No Idea GIF by Mashed

Generally during the day i use my phone as don’t have time to spend that long on my PC but right now i am on my PC and shall be later on in the evening.
I don’t try and do much on the phone as i easily cock things up as my touch seems to operate things i don’t want it to lol.
Within reason the same problems occur on the PC like vids not showing previews and spinning circles.
I now have the latest reasonable PC spec and plenty of ram,32Gb, and a video card in it so i know it ain’t that.

OK, VHTV has already explained in the preview that it is due to the forum software.
And the spinning circle indicates that the internet connection is too slow, but that probably isn’t the case for you.

Maybe you should simply uninstall all browsers on your PC and then reinstall just one browser of your choice. Maybe this will solve your problem…?

Next time you see a video at forum not playing for you and showing circle or something else, please press F12 on your keyboard (applies to non-mobile devices only), refresh the page, make sure you see the same video which you could not play, and try to play it again. Now navigate to “Console” tab in the pane which opened for you once you pressed F12 button. Please see what messages you get there, these may tell something important on why something is not working correctly. This applies to ANY web page in the Internet, but let’s diagnose the problems you experience with VHTV Forum first then, while we’re discussing it

Would me running a blocker have any detrimental effect?
Though i do have it switched off when using VHTV forum but it is on when in the main apartments page.
I use uBlock Origin.

Nah should not have any effect. I use it too and videos work just fine in Chrome

Yeah well you are a special case as everything seems to work for you pal :joy:

1 Like

Well let’s see if the lags will be back again in a few hours…

Many/most videos work fine in edge, get the spinning circle for say a second or two and then it plays ok.
Don’t have hardly any Edge problems but some video’s uploaded just get the dreaded spinning circle that go on and on.
Whether it is the format/codec users use to upload them?
I always use the mp4, H264 codec and mine always play instantly and show the preview on the screen ok.

Do you only have the problem with videos uploaded by users, or also when videos from YouTube are linked in the forum?

Generally it is only those the users upload, YouTube always seem to play ok.

In some topics even the images/photos won’t show up for ages whilst others are instant.

I think it must boil down to the forum software in many cases as even VHTV said earlier they are having a few problems with it.