Is the Leaderboard ranking system flawed?

it doesn’t matter what level you are at but what you write counts… :wink:

1 Like

If I had been a “nicer” guy from the beginning in the first place, I would have kept the chance of advancing. But I do not care if I advance or not. :wink: :kissing_heart: Not something I think about.

in the early days on the forum my account went -3 as a level more than once but now as you say I too try to reply without being too offensive…

1 Like

As you are well aware, points are not relevant to what level someone is

1 Like

Well, as far as i know, it is one of the few criterias, no?

No, the leaderboard has nothing to do with what level you are on the forum, the criteria is published on the discourse website although James did state at one point it is modified for VHTV so only staff here know the true criteria

3 Likes

Oh no, i wasn’t talking about the ledearboard but about the likes given and received. They are part of the criteria, the same as they are for the ledearboard so yes, we can say that there is an direct, or indirect, connection between the two, same as reading all the topics, etc…

I just saw what @Eros posted in the ChamberOfChatters about hitting a like-restriction. I have lost the overview. Maybe @kaya or somebody else could give us a brief overview about how things are working now, with likes, rankings and all that stuff. Maybe also explain the reasoning behind those changes for everybody. And are further changes planned?

Just as I said above, maximum amount of likes per say is 50 – that’s all

2 Likes

My robot friend is back?? :scream: :hugs: :robot:

3 Likes

No I don’t think it’s him.

2 Likes

Kaya, when does the time period for those 50 likes start?

1 Like

It’s already started I got it once or twice all ready but I’m trying to be more strategic with my likes but it’s cool also I got other stuff to do outside being on here so the cool down helps me out as well :100:

3 Likes

:grinning:

I’m admittedly somewhat lazy with the like button, so with the new leaderboard mechanics this is probably the first time ever I mady it into the top ten. Yippie yeah.

4 Likes

I’m usually in the top 5 when I’m able to posts pics I’m a lot more active when I get a chance with a premium sub but I try my hardest to be active as possible without a premium sub but I’m usually between 10 and 20 :rofl:

1 Like

I tested something: I don’t think there is a fixed 24-hour period based on the clock. The time seems to start at the moment when the message ‘that’s it for today’ appears

2 Likes

I think the 24 hour should start by Greenwich Mean Time - Current GMT that way will be exactly same time to every Member for example right now the Greenwich Time is:
12:14 AM GMT on Saturday, September 14

Hearing certain users look forward to being leaders makes no sense…

I just don’t believe that. I still have 15 hours to wait, and I got home about 9-10 hours ago and started today’s VH time

1 Like

I believe for the promotion of Forum & VHTV 50 pictures with Videos maybe it’s enough but likes should be 100 in 24 hours otherwise Members who try hard to help & love to upload pictures 50 likes is not a good motivation to get only 2 - 3 likes