Is the Leaderboard ranking system flawed?

A couple of days ago I jokingly wondered if it’s even allowed that somebody dethrones Eros in the Leaderboard.

It’s not that big of a deal, I generally don’t care too much about these rankings. But when you look into the stats it’s seems that the board’s ranking system is flawed and there’s a usurper on the throne.

I don’t know how exactly the different points of the statistics are taken into account for the “cheers” number, or how difficult it would be to modify that weighting. But if you look into Green’s stats you’ll see a massive disproportion between likes given and likes received; only a handful of posts, the last one almost a month ago.

I think the likes received should count much more than those given, because they signify valuable contributions. It is good to motivate people to give feedback and praise where praise is due, so the likes given should definitely be taken into account, too.

If possible, maybe a flattening curve in their weighting could do the trick. Like, the first 10 or 20 likes you give each day should count much more than numbers 21-50 or 51-500. 20 likes a day are honest feedback, 500 is just you harvesting cheers for yourself. Also it’s just flooding everybody’s notifications.

Obviously the number of posts you make should be a big factor, because that’s real forum activity. But maybe there, too, should be a flattening curve factored in? Otherwise we might motivate some people to just crreate hundreds of posts in the vein of “Yeah, right?”

Or maybe these things are being taken into account already and the parametrs are just to modest for Green’s massive clickery…

5 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, Julio!

I’ve updated the system so that likes received now count 5 times more than likes given, which should better reflect valuable contributions.

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to implement anything regarding flattening curve system, as leadership board is powered by third-party plugin.

Appreciate your input in finding the balance!

Cat Balance GIF

11 Likes

I believe Dear kaya that You did the right thing so that if someone uploads pictures will be rewarded much - much more for the quality not only the quantity

5 Likes

This is ridiculous

so I 100 % welcome @kaya 's decision. :+1:

3 Likes

Lately I made some interesting observations about the quantity of reactions you get for qualitiy posts.

Yesterday I posted a shower video in the Marianthi and Magni topic and got 20 reactions within 14 hours. Because I had prepared a bonus video and asked for 20 likes to unlock that bonus video. Call it extortion. In the post I first had only this placeholder image instead of that 2nd video.

What triggered this little experiment? Well, I had recorded that whole bathroom scene where Marianthi showed some nice dance moves under the shower and in front of the mirror, and I didn’t quite know what to make of it. The shower stuff vehemently called for a vertical video, the teeth brushing not so much. Maybe I should split it into two separate videos.

The day before I had gotten a “nice reply” notification because, after only four and a half months, what I consider one of my very best videos, had finally made it to 20 reactions. That took long enough. So I wondered if the deserved appreciation of a good video could be somewhat accelerated. It can.

Btw, that awesome “old video” is a workout music video, Ariela, april 19th, “man eater”. It’s awesomeness is mostly to be credited to Ariela, her outburst of energy was pure gold to work with, I pretty much only had to find the right song and camera angles. Anybody who doesn’t know it should seek it out, it is the best video you’ll see today.

1 Like

Just mute the notifications from that guy and it’s all sorted. I used to have the same from 2 forum members which i won’t name… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Regardless of the likes, I think it’s a great video. I personally watch all your videos, I only upload pictures where even those are difficult lately due to system problems. Of course I’m happy about the likes but I’m more happy when I can upload a nice picture and hopefully I’ll continue to get likes if the members like the photos but now I’m afraid they won’t like them like before because the Members when they upload pictures will get 15 points and the ones they like only 3 I hope I am wrong not with the ranking but with rewarding the pictures Unfortunately I don’t know from experiments i just want to spend my time pleasantly

Yep, right with you Julio on this thread. Your videos are great and always appreciated, at least by me!

what you didnt like my likes , well fuk u :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: last time i will give u any of my time ,my cynical old foe :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bird Middle Finger GIF by Robert E Blackmon

2 Likes

I love you too :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Season 7 Showtime GIF by Billions

2 Likes

however green is breaking all records… he even put the same fucking emoticon on my posts from 2022… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

lets piss @Green223243 off everyone should go and like every post by @Eros and @Kade181727 they get 5x likes for every like given . lets knock him of the no1 slot and undo all his hard work
Lmao Lol GIF by BLK

2 Likes

Seriously who cares about that stupid leaderboard? You do NOT HAVE ANY advantage from it…

I could not care less about my position on it. I like what I like and I post what I like and want. I do not give a rats ass about that board :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

This must be his favorite painting :joy::

painting munch GIF

But I still think it is a badly made AI, bot or crawler…

3 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

2 Likes

@jabbath1987 I don’t think he’s a bot I’m sure he’s the one who wants the community hero tag after seeing eros…

join the club but seeing as eros and kade seem to follow it and actually post great content then surely a little help by the community to knock the imposter of the no1 slot ,will be justice :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t care about the leaderboard either cause when I post pics when I can and comment on stuff and like posts I don’t care if my comments and pics get likes I don’t do it to be in the top 3 of the leaderboard I admit I have my favorite forum members that I like on here. I’m truly thankful for all the love and feedback I get from my posts​:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::100:

4 Likes

eros and always someone who wanted to be first in the ranking instead kade has always been a person who always posts photos and videos of what i see but without pretense…(in fact on kade so many of us asked if he could become leader of the community but evidently the argorithm of vhtv if you always post photos and videos doesn’t make you a leader)…

2 Likes

I would just get rid of that thing. This way likes and posts would only be made when people really like or want to post.

It is not good for the forums.

5 Likes