Discussion about Russian invasion of Ukraine

这个总统和憨豆先生长的挺像的 :grin:

That was said all the time and yet the Russian achieved basically nothing.

I would pay big money for your optimism, Jabb. I’m in awe of you.

I got that completely wrong, must be the tiredness, as that was for one small border and the actual number is up to 150,000 Ukrainians have crossed the border into Poland now and that will most likely go up to over 200,000 today.

Many are staying with family that are already here working, but there are Facebook pages, advertisements, requests on the radio and TV for anyone who has spare room to house these people to sign up to a national register.

Many schools that are closed because of Covid are opening up as makeshift accommodation as well. There are a lot of bad things wrong with the government in this country, but its people are Slavic and they are welcoming their homes to their Slavic family. Really proud to be part of this country. :heart:

3 Likes

Transfer is not a problem anyway, at least we have BitCoin as a last instance. Elon has his right to send his credentials to those who want to help too, but there may be troubles from bank side if there are many payments in short time, so personally I would be afraid to use it this way.

1 Like

The longer the Ukraine holds them back the more difficult it will be for them. Russia obviously has a lot of troops but they are badly trained, have low moral and have no clue what they have gotten themselves into.

1 Like

Thank you Kaya :heart:

1 Like

Don’t mind me hanging on to you, but I need your optimism in these moments.

1 Like

@kaya is a real trooper. She is answering tickets, writing in forums, working on organizing stuff in background all when around her the war is raging on :heavy_heart_exclamation: :ukraine:

Spongebob Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

Turkey has stopped Russian navy access to the Bosporus via the Black Sea.

Hungary now also stopped their protest against banning Russia from the SWIFT payment system.

Putin is all alone now.

For consistency with the sanctions taken by the West, VHTV should close all Russian apartments, and facilitate economic channels towards Ukrainian ones.

That means no more supplies over the water…

And you think Russia would be hurt by that? Positions of participants is clear. They are against war. Why punish them? It will be hard enough for them in the future with the current sanctions imposed.

Erdohan, president of Turkey had a phonecall with his ‘friend’ Putin and with Zelensky.

Zelensky will be making an anouncement very soon.

Володимир Зеленський

@ZelenskyyUa

I thank my friend Mr. President of Turkey @RTErdogan and the people of Turkey for their strong support. The ban on the passage of Russian warships to the Black Sea and significant military and humanitarian support for Ukrain are extremely important today. The people of Ukrain will never forget that!

I am glad I am not the only one following this crisis on VHTV. Now, I must confess, this site is my own secret and guilty pleasure – as some I know may not find it appropriate. But anyways, thanks for all the updates. :beer: When this thing ends and blows over – which I hope it does quickly – and we all return to going around naked without thinking about who is watching us – I will _____ several _____s to all of you!

1 Like

France custom today seized a Russian cargo ship carrying new cars back to Russia.

CNN just reported that today Putin ordered an halt to the attacks, but because Ukraine didn’t agree to their terms of negotiation, they continued the attack.

So in other words, it is either Putin’s way or no way… :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I read that Turkey says it cannot stop returning Russian warships from accessing Black Sea due to Montreux Convention rules? Has anything changed?

Hmmm not sure. Not sure what ‘returning’ means? Also no idea how Turkey think they can stop the Russian navy…