Discussion about Russian invasion of Ukraine

Glad to hear it. The contact with the family is important. Thank you for the link. I see the busses in Sumy are running. Also people out and about.

Yeah but rather worryingly close to the centre there is a massive gunbattle going near Kyiv Zoo.

I have also seen militias, not from Ukraine joining the fight. Weapons were handed out but supplies were low.

Oh, one more thing before I have to turn in. I hear from a good source, that the West will be sending more weapons and suppliesā€¦

Daybreak :sun_behind_small_cloud: :ukraine:

The very good thing is that they survived another night and this was the night that was meant to break Kyiv. A lot of brave heroes there. If they can just hold out another 48 hours, they might just have a chance. :pray:

There is a massive convey of weapons crossed the Polish border last night and itā€™s a six hour drive to Kyiv under normal conditions and I just hope the Russians are unable to target that convey.

On that note, I am going to get some s___p.

2 Likes

S___p well. With the westā€™s new arms and what you speak about this should give them a few more days. By that time. By that time any thing can happen. All for the good I hope. Š”Š»Š°Š²Š° Š£ŠŗрŠ°Ń—Š½Ń–.

I still had hope that the Russian people would stand up and demonstrate. This copy of Hitler can arrest a 1000 people but not millions. Unfortunately that probable wonā€™t happen.

I didnā€™t watch much the past days but if i watch the russian places here on VHTV they still do as if nothing happened. I know itā€™s all propaganda on their channels but with social media i still had hope that this would change. The Ukranians canā€™t fight this alone but they are tough and wonā€™t give up easilyā€¦:facepunch::ukraine:

Ukraine says that 3,500 Russian soldiers have been k__led in Ukraine so far. Almost 200 are believed to have been captured. They add that Russia has also lost 14 aircraft, 8 helicopters and 102 tanks so far. Russia has so far not acknowledged any casualties.

I tell you, most Russians in Russia have no idea what is really going on. Putin lies to his own people and does not care about the sacrifices of his own people.

The Ukranians are like this guy. Talking about having balls.

2 Likes

This is how every barbaric regime functions;

Balls of steel.

There were and are lots of protests in Russia against the war. In st. Petersburg 1500 people attended. Most people may not read the news, but those who do have access to independent sources and are able to tell what is fake news, propaganda and more reliable reports.

Itā€™s not in Kyiv but video is still cool

1 Like

Dear Sir Ed, I am Finn and I dare say that Finland is not more at risk than any other European country, Finland has highly effective and credible defense f___es and a strong will to defend their country among the citizens. Politically Finland isnā€™t strictly neutral, we are practically a member of NATO.

1 Like

Nobody wants Finland, not even the Finns.

LOL good one, but I like Finland because of heavy metal; especially Nightwish & Tarja Turunen;

Russia, at the time called Soviet, has attacked Finland 1939-40 in Winter War!
There are many saying that Finland lost that war, but actually we won it.
When you claim that Finland represents more of a risk for Russia because
of the vicinity to Petersburg, I canā€™t help laughing, sorry!

We donā€™t want Stinky, because you stink and obviously are very envious of us Finns! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No, I love Finland. But most of what I know about the country and the people, I learned from movies by Aki KaurismƤki. All his films have the same theme: people want to leave Finland.