Discussion about Russian invasion of Ukraine

Did not happen yet…

I know, that’s what I’m predicting in next 24 hours.

1 Like

I rather predict negotiations and a cease fire. Russians losing a lot of material and troops and moral is low with Russian soldiers.

Not going to happen soon as the Russians have hardly any troops in near Kyiv and the small battalion that tried to attack and take over the Hostomel Airport to the north east of Kyiv was destroyed last night and there are specative reports that Russian are attacking from the west, but there is no evidence of that yet.

I was up all night with our Ukrainian guest watching and trying to confirm it with her family in Ukraine.

The President calls on c___dren to take up arms.

These are usually the last, really last resort.

I daresay that the President will be captured on Monday at the latest.

The question is what the nation will do then, whether it will lay down its arms or switch to guerrilla warfare. The number of victims will go sky high in that case.

Russians are presented with ridiculous victim stories/numbers through the media. Putin cares little for these victims, he did count on them. Due to Russia media, they lose one plain because mechanic malfunction.

Never heard about that… Source?

I heard about 800 dead Russian soldiers.

Not from Russian, that’s the problem.

By the way I will merge that topic with the other one. They are the same

You can’t cover up a loss of so many people forever…

I renamed the topic. It is better to find this way. I will also pin it.

My bad, not president but call from the Ministry of Defence.

It’s a metaphor not an instruction and it is only at stage 4 conscription where men are urged to join the ranks of territorial defense. Для вступу в тероборону достатньо паспорта - Резніков — УНІАН

Yes it is intensifying but Ukrainian troops are holding their own up until now and we will have to wait until see what the coming hours bring and stop speculating and deal with the facts when they come available as that just spreads fear.

Quote:

The Kiev authorities have urged residents to stay at home. Later, the defence ministry added that they needed everyone to defend themselves, there was no age limit for combat, and even people over 60 were being called up. Earlier, there were allegations that Kiev had also called up minors to fight.

Yeah, but you have to careful where you quote from…

Last night some poster was saying that on his news in the US they were showing bombs and air raid sirens and people on the streets in Kyiv and I had the videos open here Live Camera from #Kyiv #Ukraine #Kiev - YouTube and there was nothing like that going on. All I hear on there at the moment is laughter.

Media will hype up everything to make sure their station is the number or what they perceive as the best news outlet when in fact they are pushing out crap.

You can usually confirm stuff by cross referencing it with Twitter and other live sources on Youtube.

I am aware of this, and I also follow the live feed on youtube.

But this is a quote from the mainstream media in my country, which summarises other, European media. Unfortunately, I would not disclose where I am from.

I am aware that it is full of media misdirection, but I am afraid that the Ukrainian military f___es will not be able to prevent the capture of the President for a long time. This is purely and simply my opinion.

I feel sorry for every single person who lost their life in the war, whether Ukrainian or Russian. M____r, f____r, c___dren, brother, sister cry for everyone. And every single one is one too many.

3 Likes

The Ukraine Crisis Media Center (UCMC) was created to support Ukraine’s statehood and to promote Ukraine abroad. Оригінал статті - на сайті Українського кризового медіа-центру: Who we are - Uacrisis.org And they have just released this advice:

You can help.

1. Disinformation is a part of Russian war. Look for reliable and fact-checked news.
  2. Use correct wording.
  3. Russian troops in Ukraine are not “peacekeepers”, they are invaders.
  4. The so-called “L/DPR” in eastern Ukraine are not “self-declared republics” or “breakaway regions”, they are the Russian puppet republics.
  5. The occupying f___es are not “Russia-backed separatists” or “rebels”, they are Russian formed, led and financed proxy f___es.
  6. Share as much fact-based information about Russian aggression as you can.
  7. Do not post any information about the movement of Ukraine’s Armed F___es.
  8. Reach out to your representatives in the parliament and urge them to support sanctions against the Russian Federation.
  9. Boycott Russian goods and services not to support the aggressor’s economy.
  10. Joining or organizing a rally in support of Ukraine in your city is helpful.
  11. You can send financial support to the Ukrainian army and volunteers, protecting their country against the aggression.

Here are the contacts of trusted organizations: Come back alive – How to help the Ukrainian Army (works directly with the command and personnel of military units, purchasing infrared thermal imaging cameras, night vision goggles, hemostatics etc)

Army SOS – Допомогти Армії | Допомога Армії України (manages purchases of necessary ammunition, shields, intercommunication and reconnaissance facilities, etc. and delivers all goods directly)

Hospitallers – Redirecting... (works directly on the frontline)

Phoenix Wings – About the Fund | Phoenix Wings - Ukrainian Army support fondation ( the appropriate equipment & uniform, personal non-lethal protection (vests, helmets), required treatment of the wounded soldiers, and repair of the buildings used by the army)

Ukrainian Women Veteran Movement – To Support - (a consolidation of female veterans, amongst other things organizes preparation for actions in case of emergencies and defence situations.

Vostok SOS – Зробити грошову пожертву (raising funds for various needs of the army)

N/B: Some of the pages may not be available temporarily due to the influx of visitors. If that’s the case, try again later. Оригінал статті - на сайті Українського кризового медіа-центру: You can help Ukraine against Russian aggression | UACRISIS.ORG