Discussion about Russian invasion of Ukraine

What makes you think +7 GMT is not in Russia?? Check out the Asian part…

I know they are not. I do not have to think about it.

No matter who is celebrating May 9th on VHTV, I’m not watching anymore.

The big question mark is what will Putin say tomorrow.

Should be taken offline imediately unless VH actually do support Russia :rage:

2 Likes

all countries have experienced a war, and it is always paid by the weakest, the people who are not to blame for anything, I was in Yugoslavia, when there was military service in Spain, when I was only 20 years old I volunteered, and it is always horrible , wherever it is, and unfortunately, there always will be, and people who are not to blame for anything will always pay for it

All of western Europe also celebrated 8. of May today. Parades and ceremonies here in Norway as well. Everything is of course is abit special this year, and all speaches mentions what is going on in Ukraine. We again have a b____l war in Europe. And we have had several b____l wars since WWII in other parts of the world, I don’t think that is a reason to stop celebrating this historic day. Maybe now, more than ever, it is important to remember what happened then, to know what is at stake now. Therefore. We must never stop celebrating Peace!

The problem is, that putin doesn’t celebrate the peace; 9th of May is used by him to military brainwashing and further against the West; now even many analytics claim that tomorrow he is going to declare war on Ukraine, to justify conscription and send more troops to fight, …not to even mention what kind of “peace” Stalin brought to Eastern Europe after May the 9th;

I personally don’t disagree with that, it’s a separate issue for me here that people want an apartment removed and accusations of VHTV “supporting” Russia in this war because of an person in an Apartment that is in a different country from Russia that also celebrates “victory day” as a nation has put up a display on a wall

I think this is all an over reaction.
Admittedly, I was ignorant of the meaning behind the decorations.
In my paltry 5 minutes of research, I discovered that many countries celebrate “Victory Day” on May 9th. It’s not just a Russia thing.
To say that this is supporting Russia is an over reaction.

All over the world there are people m____ring other people. I hope that in Russia there are people who try everything to get rid of the little man. I am also annoyed by China for simply accepting that the little man is threatening a nuclear attack. China should see that they are also affected because nobody will survive that …

Oleksandra Matviichuk @avalaina 2h

None of these people were born for war. But they are all defending our freedom now. Ukrainian defenders, volunteers and medics in AzovStal plant in Mariupol. Save them!! #AzovStal Photos collages Sonya Matveyeva

2 Likes

I wonder if they knew their f___es k__led at least 60 civilians sheltering in a ‘‘School’’ today would they still put that s__t up on the wall? Putting it simply I find it repugnant, especially at a time like this. I doubt VHTV will do anything.

Besides that more good news from Ukraine. It seems another Russian vessel has been sunk making that two in almost as many days. It also seems most of the heavier weapons have all got through to where they are needed most. If Putin does declare all out war on Ukraine tomorrow (I hope not but it’s likely) then he can expect an even more difficult time as the Ukrainians are very well tooled up for the job ahead. They have a lot surprises waiting for your f___es Putin and some of those gifts are very, very good at what they do :wink:

B____l Attack!!! Bayraktar TB2 Drones again destroyed two Russian flagship in Snake Island

It is definitely not, in light of how this country is using this day. But let’s leave politics aside for a while, and focus on participants; we don’t ask them here to protest against Putin on the streets, because they would finish in prison, at best, as we know; but restraining from showing in the houses obvious signs of support for Putin, these days would be welcome, especially that it is we who pay; in other words, to be honest they have nothing to celebrate :+1:

I think this is something the leadership of VHTV has to handle, if they want. I mean, I never knew May 9 was a holiday for some until recently. However, It is a fine line indeed which is difficult to judge. I, for one, like the apartment tenants - and even though I have been too busy to watch, will continue to peek in from time to time. Now, if I saw other “serious” signs, I would be upset, but a simple sign about 9 May does not upset me. Yes, would it be respectful NOT to do it, of course. But, again that is a decision of VHTV to enf___e, if and when they want.

Hope that makes sense.

There is 18 countries that officially recognise May 9th as “victory day” most of them have it as a national bank holiday, the west has their “victory day” VE Day on the 8th of May, it’s all a celebration of the same event I’m not excusing the way that Putin uses the day for propaganda reasons but just because someone put something on a wall who doesn’t even live in Russia or anyone else in the umpteen countries that celebrates it doesn’t automatically mean they are supporting this war

Как минимум в двух городах России участники парадов 9 мая прошли с нашивками с буквой «Z»

В Чите буква была нашита у военнослужащих на груди, а в Екатеринбурге — на рукаве.

Фото: Минобороны РФ

Marks the spot for the bullet to hit… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The Russian ambassador to Poland was attacked during an attempt to lay flowers at the cemetery of Soviet soldiers in Warsaw & doused with red paint. Polish authorities told him not to organise anything on Victory Day and he got what he deserves.

I hope that no action was taken against anyone who threw paint over the ambassador.