Connection problems? (UK)

is VHTV video signal coming from Amsterdam ? Netherlands ? where should i point my paid vpn to ? i have Hotspot Premium. seems excelent service…

Why are you using a VPN as they have servers all over the world? :slight_smile:

Just point it to the sign marked “Exit” :0)

Nope, it doesn’t work like that as the signal if pushed out to the internet by a relay box.

What you are most likely seeing is a problem with the synchronisation of the cameras which can be fixed remotely by a restart and if you see it again just send a ticket to support and they will reset them. :slight_smile:

if I have a technical question I will address vht I know what I must do to stop talking for vht he has moderators and competent people to answer us :laughing:

I worked for 15 years in IPTV, so actually I do know what I am talking about. :slight_smile:

IPTV. INTERNET PROTOCOL TELEVISION incase you don’t understand :slight_smile:

if i don’t understand i will ask the question to vht not to you iptv and illegal in europe I know well I use iptv the m3u urls do not need your advice

Wow, okay. Genuinely wanted to help you out, but of course it is your choice, hope you find a solution to your problem.

By the way IPTV is not illegal in Europe, ripping streams and rebroadcasting them is, there is a distinct difference between legitimate companies and a fly-by-night service - good luck :slight_smile:

Haven’t read through the thread intirely, but had the same problems and from the UK. Some days its absolutly fine, but like now, some cams just won’t load, others are fine. Don’t know if this is a UK thing, a website thing or what, but not a paying customer anymore, so won’t complain about it, probably would subscribe if this wasn’t a thing. But either way, I don’t know whats causing the problem and haven’t got the time nor effort to put in to look into it further :laughing:

We ALL have the same problem. Even if you pay for subscription, this Site tells you, “it is because you are watching them free, as to why the lag”, but it happens even if you are a paying Customer. The Site tries to tell you, “It is your Internet Connection, have a word with your Provider.” But it isn’t anything to do with them. It is nothing to do with you either, or anything else, other than this Site. Too many Apartments and their Servers cannot cope with it all, although they will try and tell you different. So you have two choices…1. Don’t bother with any of it. 2. Put up with the “wiiirrr…wiiirrr…wiiirrr,” while pulling your hair out :0)

1 Like

And what tests and evidence do you have to substantiate that?

Easy…“Tests” are not necessary. This is the only Site I have connection problems with. I have the best Broadband money can buy and can pull in an average of up to 910Mbps and I have no idea when the last time was that I lost connection, or had a connection problem, it needs to be fast and reliable for the work I do, I do not have any problems with any other Site, in fact I have no problems with other Sites, where people have told me they do. If it is this Site “only” for me, that tells me and anyone else, the problem quite clearly lays with this Site. But that’s ok, no one is perfect and I am not the one moaning about it, just giving facts. it is what it is. So get off your high-horse and without even looking, or bothering to investigate, it is obvious that you work for, or Co-Own this Site and well done. it is a good Site (for what it is and if this sort of thing is your fetish), just not very reliable connection wise and I was just telling Voops that:0)

Really, well first of all I don’t work for VHTV I have my own company in software development, but I did have a company that was involved in IPTV for 15 years, so there is no high horse just experience.

It really doesn’t matter what you speed is and that is a common misconception among people who have no idea about how the internet works. It may very well be that this is a VHTV problem with one of the many data centres that they most likely are based in but without cooperation and for example, without running a tracert or similar test from you to them how is anyone going to know where the problem is as it could simply be one of the hops is taking an extraordinary time to pass through.

If you want to live in ignorance that’s fine, but at least try some tests to work with people to establish where the issue is before you promote your inexperience of matters like this to others.

I have been saying this for months. They have to up their tech to cope!

Firstly I know perfectly well how the internet works, you pedantic, facetious Twat, I just could not be bothered to go through it all as I do not see the relevance. I was just pointing out that I have the means and the technology to investigate. I also have the knowledge. We have done a Traceroute/TRACERT months ago, as we were curious why the constant lagging, etc. etc. especially given the technology we have at our disposal, in not just one room, but many and the simple answer is, the VHTV Servers, etc. cannot cope with so many Apartments, rooms, with cameras and are simply putting greed, before Customer Service/Satisfaction and Performance. Given how vehemently you are defending this garbage, you should work for them, or be a Co-Owner. Ignorance is developed, not born. One should also be VERY careful as to whom they are speaking with, when one chooses to insult someone and jump to conclusions, although I did do so with you, but understandable. and all I was doing was explaining in simple Layman’s terms to the fact it was probably not his fault, or at the very least, not all his fault. If I started to talk about Traceroute/TRACERT. Lagging, Buffers, Latency, “Bandwidth determines how narrow or wide a pipe is”, or “Throughput** is the amount of data which can be transferred over a given time period”. blah, blah, I might have ended up confusing the guy completely, so why bother. Now, are we done? Because to be perfectly frank with you, you are really starting to bore me with your condescending attitude and I was not interviewing you for a job, or wanting to give you a reference, so there was really no need for all that. “MY Inexperience”…?..look whos talking.

They should…but they wont. All the time they are making over £110k plus a year net profit, why change things, just to give Customer satisfaction. heaven forbid :0)

1 Like

@Xenon1711

I’ve only just come across this. I go between the UK and USA, and I can say yes, I’ve had the same issues mentioned here in the UK.

I thought it was Safari at first, and started using chrome and had the same issue.

Weirdly, I’ve not had the same issue in the USA, just got back from being out there for three months.

It seems to work itself out when it gets grainy and stops loading, it’s not bad enough yet to piss me off.

I am in The Netherlands and I have no problems at all. But I must admit I don’t watch all camera’s. I want to help you so please tell me what camera’s in what realms are bad for you. So I can see if I have the same problem.

Well that was entertaining :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Careful @Stinky240 one-way traffic here it seems. :wink: :wink:

The USA are far more advanced compared to the UK, when it comes to Internet issues and to put it simply, without overcomplicating the issue, sometimes, as it is in your case, one end can cope with Internet problems far better than the other end and will compensate for that. Unfortunately the UK end is just as bad as their end lol and has yet to catch up to USA standards .Even the most advanced Home Internet Connection, which by the way, costs a small fortune in the UK, is substandard compared to the USA. It is better if you pay for the subscription, rather than just freeload, but the lags etc. are still there, unless you catch it on a good day. I have been on and off this Site for years and i can remember only one occasion where all the Apartments were up and running and “2” days where all the cameras worked as they should. lets face it, that is not good.