Connection problems? (UK)

Wiirrr,Wiiirrr…I have the best internet connection money can buy in England and every other Site I go on they are fine, but this one…Some apartments have a terrible lag and some rooms/apartments will not engage at all. Too many and the servers cannot cope with it. it is VERY frustrating and maybe time to break these up a bit and start a second Site so it can cop with it all.

1 Like

I’m in Portugal and the site doesn’t load, can anyone tell me if there are any problems on the site? from the forum it looks like they are seeing correctly.

All good here…

all good here in Sicily too

In small Israel, there are no problems with the site either.

maybe your internet is not that good after all ,I hope it never coat a lot to have so maybe not the best money can have by the way my internet is great ,LOL

You’d better contact support with this and follow a number of their instructions. They have a procedure to test the connection speed with our servers in different regions. The point may be in the heterogeneity of the network - up to some servers you have a high connection speed, to others it is worse. It is rather inappropriate to say “everything is fine with other sites”, you probably opened every site on the network and checked the connection speed? If your YouTube is working well, that doesn’t mean anything, these guys have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on infrastructure. Unfortunately, we do not earn that much yet.

Stop looking for excuses for this Site. I am pulling in 480.63mbps download speed and 114.91mbps upload speed. I can download a 3gig film in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds. I have no problem with any other Site. just this one and I am not talking about just YouTube, I am talking about ANY Site. I know how much profit this Site makes and I know it is not “that” much. All I am saying is, maybe you should invest in another Site, split the server load, so it is a better connection. This Site worked prefect before, but over the years more and more apartments have been added and it is slowing it all down. Not only that there are more and more problems to fix. The fact that 6 apartments are out, is testament to that and please do not come at me with “relocation”, it doesn’t wash :0) Don’t get me wrong, I like this Site and I have friends that like it too, but just because some person in Sicily has a good connection, does not mean where I am is and it is due to too many apartments. Sicily has a population of 5m, where I am at the moment, it is 9m, big difference. The whole of Israel does not have that, so means nothing. Point in fact, the guy who lives in Portugal. I am not having a go, just pointing out flaws :0)

Have you tried getting faster internet, that is half what I have. :rofl: :rofl:

Whoop-dee-do and good for you…I have a 1Gig Service and am pulling in 480.63mbps download speed and 114.91mbps upload speed. I can download a 3gig film in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds. A 40-50gig Game in less than 8 minutes. I have no problem with ANY other Site. just this one. So why don’t you come back at me when you know what you are talking about.

Which country are you in? Ever thought about your ISP is priorizing some services over others? :wink:

Do you have add on like Adblocker or others, what security are you using?

Sorry, I quoted the wrong figures but have since rectified it. I was looking at my Broadband from 3 years ago…

This Site ALWAYS has connection problems. it could be down to you, but too many apartments for the servers they have, is also a big problem for quite a few. It also depends on where you are and which Country. Not sure what service you have available your end, but it might be possible for your server/signal to be boosted (free of charge), not your internet, just the signal, so I would suggest phoning them up and asking :0)

I have had the security programs turned off and it makes no difference.

I do realize that and of course that is happening, but as I have already said, I am pulling in 480.63mbps download speed and 114.91mbps upload speed and believe me, for a home Network, in England, it does not get much better than that :0)

For the issue I asked about it does not matter the speed of your connection…

I rarely read of slow connections to this site in the forum. I only have a 50 Mbit / s internet connection and no problems watching VHTV. So don’t blame VHTV for your internet problems. If it were that, a lot more people would have trouble with the site here.

…?..Of course it does. it also matters what the connection is like with VHTV. How do you think CCTV works, without this Internet connection, you can only access your cameras from devices located on the same network as the cameras themselves, it is the same principle.

We have a lot of customers from UK, but have no complaints pending or in recent history, AFAIK. As said in this message, contact Support to see if they can help you identifying the problem. If the problem is on our side, we always appreciate users’ assistance in locating it & reward them with free subs. But something tells me that it is either the provider you’re paying for or the uplink provider who is getting paid in the end by every side in your client-isp-uplink chain.

One thing to notice, though, is that we have separate infrastructures for Free & Paid users. That said, Paying subscribers get larger bandwidth & faster services response timings. In addition to that, we f___e the stream quality (in terms of picture quality) to downgrade dynamically for Free users if the free infrastructure experiences any abnormal loads. In the same time, we notify user within player by giving them a message why the quality has changed and how to get the best out of our service (Spoiler: by subscribing)