VHTV and the Chamber of Chatters

Reffering to a to a german as a Nazi if referring to an idiology put forward by a lunatic in 1930s/1940s germany i can not see how any correlation or connecion can be made between shortening a countries name from japan to jap can in any way be compared to calling a modern day german a NAZI it’s seems to me it’s an nensensical comparison

1 Like

what a load of nonsence and please excuse my absence from the conversation as i was playing golf this afternoon

2 Likes

Jabbs, do you know this could be considered a____l a___e in some parts of the world?

2 Likes

I have PETA on the line.

1 Like

People complained about off-topic posts in the apt. topics, so Kaya created this off-topic, topic. Now, you and others complain about off-topic posts in the off-topic, topic. Who’s really beating a dead horse, here?

1 Like

This is simply not true man. Brit, same like Scot, Aussie, Pole, Swede was never used in a negative context against the entire population. Not the same can be said about Jap, or the N word.

To be even more clear for you, it is the same as why “Paki” it is a derogatory slur and Brit isn’t.

3 Likes

If it is derogatory then why is it used on score boards Internationaly for International matches even by the japanese themselves ??

Because it is not the same context. On the boards, it is referring to a country’s name and not at individuals. It is derogatory to call a Japanese person as “Jap”. Same like “Paki” . I gave you the best example with this.

2 Likes

it is either a derogatoy term or it’s not theres no inbetween and just because some Britisish people don’t mind being called Brits doesen’t Mean
all do some find it offensive

No, the term Brit is not a derogatory term. Was never intended to be nor used in that way. So nobody can feel offended by something which is not offensive.

This is what it seems that you don’t understand. There is no comparison between the two. Jap was designated as a derogatory slur, same like Paki or the N word. Brit never was nor Scot, Swede, Pole, etc.

1 Like

People have been shortening Japanese to jap for centuries i imagine since the first Europeans arrived in japan long before ww2 jap is simply short for japan as PAK is short for Pakistan IND is short for india ENG is short for England

It’s classed as a racist term how many more times do you need to be told there is no need to use it in today’s society

2 Likes

The short for the countries names is entirely correct and true. And not offensive.

The problem is when you call the people as Jap, that’s a entirely different matter.

I am sure that you are just not aware of it and that’s all.

Again, it is the same matter as calling people from Pakistan as “Paki”. Exactly the same. This should make it more clear to you

2 Likes

He just doesn’t seem to understand

1 Like

So therefore. Calling someone a Brit is offensive

1 Like

I suppose that it happens to all of us when after using some term for a long period of time and all of the sudden we find out that it isn’t quite the right one as we thought

2 Likes

As a Brit complete rubbish excuse not the same at all

2 Likes

Why explain

Referring to a Japanese person as a jap is like referring to a Chinese man as a chink or referring to a gay person as a F** or a black person as a N**** it’s derogatory word and reference in today’s society

1 Like

Why bother you can’t seem to understand common sense

1 Like