VHTV and the Chamber of Chatters

I only know “limp biscuit” actually “bizkit”:joy: :joy: :joy:

grafik

The game would be right up Henry’s alley I guess, meaning as a player.

Don’t know if it’d attract many views from people just watching it. :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

You know that term is kind of a racial slur, right?:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Nah it’s short for Japanese like Brit is short for British :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It`s like NOR is short for norwegian for example. Standard abbreviation. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Maybe in Britain it is, but in other parts of the world it is definitely the a racial slur.

5 Likes

Or to be unbelievably painfully pedantic NOR is short for Norway. Can also be short for Norwegian. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No Way Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

3 Likes

im not from other parts of the world

Yes, but the forum is. Sorry do break the news to you. It’s not just about what’s ok where you live. Sometimes you have to think of others. :wink:

1 Like

I was absolutely sure that GladNGrumpy was british until I had been here for my first half a year or so as a registered member. For me it was impossible to observe that he was norwegian until I randomly found it out. That was because he is very good at expressing himself in english. I only found out on a slump that he is norwegian. :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t say he’s NOR or you will get in trouble with the forum police :rofl:

3 Likes

trabaja get a job GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

5 Likes

Is anyone in here from Japan? Were you offended? Only one person here is making noise, and I bet one of my testicles he/she/it/they/them ain’t from Japan!

Alexa, what is a racial slur?

animation waiting GIF by Chris Gannon

1 Like

I think this has no place in our forum,
Some people are just going to be rude and disrespectful,
I would prefer to ignore them and focus on what is important!

3 Likes

I don’t believe anyone here will be rude or nasty, if they wanted to, they would as they are sitting behind their computers.

I’ve been here since this forum started, and people have disagreed, but I’ve never seen much of any racial, homophobic or religious attacks like you’d see on IG or FB.

The majority of people here have been very respectful in that area, and I don’t believe there was any harm to anyone purposefully.

1 Like

Well, when it comes to racial problems, I think it is stupid, because I only know of 1 race,

HUMAN, and we are all members! the rest is ethnic or regional, and I wont get into that!

1 Like

I get that everyone should be treated equally, but that’s not stupid because it’s a reality, and it won’t change!

These are conversations that people should not be afraid to have. I understand we’ve been called the human race, but we are indeed different in a lot of things, just not in culture and skin colour.

When we all come together, we learn so well from each other, but greed, gatekeepers, and governments will always continue to cause division.

2 Likes

Do we have to eliminate the participant/guest Charly now, because the name was misused in the Vietnam war for the Viet-cong? (Victor Charlie)

Whatever, I don’t think that Florencio was using the term Jap in the same discrediting way, that US-soldiers used it in the pacific war, leading to the attack of Pearl Harbour by japanese troups.

Nonetheless, I think this is not even close to the topic “Fox”, and although realm Fox is down at current, imho the forum shouldn’t be filled with this discussion, maybe there is room elsewhere.

JMO

4 Likes

“Brit wasn’t originated as a slur. The term Jap was, at least in the West. It has nothing to do with the objective shortening of the words, and everything to do with the origin and use of the word.”

“Before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Jap was not considered primarily offensive. However, following the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the Japanese declaration of war on the US, the term began to be used derogatorily, as anti-Japanese sentiment increased.[1] During the war, signs using the epithet, with messages such as “No Japs Allowed”, were hung in some businesses, with service denied to customers of Japanese descent.[2]

It would be the same as substituting the N-word for the term Japs in the above mentioned sign.

2 Likes