VHTV and the Chamber of Chatters

I’m saying nuffink :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Shhh. Don’t tell anybody… But I think someone needs to hire a recruitment officer. Not enough Realms, because every Realm is critical to the total percentage. 39/49 = 20% of your product down.:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

A difficult one but: :thinking: I found it ! :rofl:
(British English, non-standard) ​a way of spelling ‘nothing’ that represents an uneducated pronunciation of it. Not educated at Eton I reckon ! :joy: :joy: Sorry couldn’t help it when I saw this explanation! :hugs:

1 Like

You could hurt a guys feelings you know :wink:

Well, that sure came out of left field. I think you misunderstood what I said. I wasn’t being sarcastic. It was a sincere, legit question.

You seemed so confident in your security measures, I thought it would be helpful to know how you accomplished that.

1 Like

Made popular by a certain German guard in a very popular TV sitcom called Hogans Heroes from way back when.

It was the way he spoke English with his German accent.

1 Like

VHTV out of order in my area

I think I mainly use british type of english. :hugs:

1 Like

I use Google-English… :joy:

…and very rarely Deepl-English…

1 Like

Yeah. I use the most common translation aids and so on. If I feel I need to. After all I am not english originally. Just norwegian. :joy:

1 Like

I am far away from Robwin’s english-sk__ls, but if you don’t mind,

if she " is pissed off ", that means she is mad at someone/something.

If she " did piss off to somewhere ", she got lost and went wherever.

That is like the difference of “being pissed off” and “being pissed on”.

Find the difference. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is a good one. Very good. I like that. I really appreciate it. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I have to say that I am quite far away from a native englishmans english sk__ls in total. I have to say that. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So am I, I once was married to a native speaker for about 3 years, but that is more than 25 years ago.

I am however of that conviction and perception that english and norwegian are very closely related as languages. That is probably an unpopular opinion. But it is at least what I think. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes, there are many Viking words in English - definitely a bit of shared heritage!

1 Like

Yes. That is absolutely correct. And not only that. It is also definitely the other way around. There are also quite a lot of words which norwegian also “borrows” directly from english. Just a qualifiable fact. Whether we like it or not. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I can proudly present to you all a couple of concrete examples which illustrates this perfectly. What do you think cake is in norwegian? Kake. What do you think tactful is in norwegian? Taktfull. What do you think service is in norwegian? Re written to sørvis. What do you think absolute is in norwegian? Absolutt. Is it really anyone who can claim that english and norwegian are not closely related? No, I most certainly think not. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

And no parking is no parkering in Norwegian! :laughing:

1 Like

Ingen parkering er lovlig her. No parking is allowed here. There you see people. It is not my fault. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like