The VHTV Forum Cafe

Krol, Keizer, Hulshoff, Mühren, Suurbier… With the soccer of no team I have enjoyed as much as with that Ajax :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Everybody who is willing to say how old he is, gets a _____ from the house!

Please don’t tell me this cafe is closed?

Ahh, Scarlett Johansson. Don’t get me started :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I won’t go that far, but if I may be a little critical, the result is a little…how do I put it…too “dollish”. But still, taken for what it is, pretty darn good, if you ask me.

Back to Scarlett, as @letsdothis says, she can sing!

3 Likes

By the way, great to see the cafe open again after almost two years. Whether it’ll stay open remains to be seen, Still, the cafe is here, with open bar (BYOB) and the whole world (that’s YouTube mostly) as the jukebox. Well, I suppose we got other topics now that makes this one somewhat obsolete.

1 Like

the whole forum generall topics need to be organised and amalgamated into smaller number of topics . to many topics based on the same content ,

1 Like

This topic was started by Stinky240 back in April two years ago, and did well for a couple of months. Stinky was very active as the barkeep during that time, but when he retired, the topic waned into obscurity. The discussion about football going on in the chamber of chatters could just as well have been going on here.

However, @Lazurus_aka_Virgil does have a good point about too many topics about the same thing. The football discussion fits just as well in the chatter chamber as here. And after all, that is a topic that’s been actively going strong for some time.

I agree, but on the other hand, there is actually a topic about “sheep shagging in Wales”.

Perhaps this topic is better left in the shadows of the forum. By the way, I think it was jabba who edited the name of the topic to be a little more “user friendly”

1 Like

Amen to that :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Cheers

4 Likes

Sorry, der riecht wie eine schlecht gelüftete Zahnarztpraxis

1 Like

Nr. 1 für mich:

4 Likes

I don’t know, but I’ve noticed it with other eyes, as well. I’m composing a list of questions and suggestions for the developer, and it’s on the list.

Did you know Scarlett is part Danish and part Jewish, and has a twin brother named Hunter (she’s three minutes older).

1 Like

How did we get here? I don’t think I even knew this topic existed. And, I thought off topic posts went to the Chatter House. What am I missing here?

You’re not really missing much. What happened yesterday is that crossmyway decided to put an answer to one of your posts here, which in turn made me respond the way I did. Then there were a few more posts. So here we are, that’s all.

As explained above, this topic was started by Stinky240. He was active here for a couple of months back in 2022, inviting people to come in to have a _____ and a chat. I guess this topic needs a “barkeeper” like this to keep it alive, so when Stinky retired from VHTV, the topic just faded away into obscurity.

Which I suppose it’ll do once again. After all, we have “The chamber of chatters”. Although “The chamber” has problematic sides, well pointed out by crossmyway above, it does to some degree serve its purpose as a place for idle chatter.

1 Like

Happy to see the bar is open again. Yes I started it. Yes it is off-topic. Yes I retired. Well…retired… I was banned for a while. That, and other things made me leave. Only pan-european subjects here can arouse my interest. Like the war Russia started against Ukraine and Europe. Like the genocide Israël is conducting in Gaza. Like the Eurovision Song Contest. And now we also have the European Football Championships in Germany.
In an attempt to keep this bar alive and active, I will try and start a poll. Let’s see who you think can be Champion of Europe in 2024. Hold my beer.

2 Likes

So who will become European Champion Football in 2024? I listed countries that came to my mind. I am sure I forgot a few. Sorry for that.

• Germany
  • France
  • England
  • Spain
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Denmark
  • Austria
  • Switserland
  • Belgium
  • Poland
  • Italy
  • Slovenia
  • Slovakia
  • Turkey
  • Czech Republic
  • Croatia
  • Hungary
  • Scotland
0 voters
1 Like

Yes I voted for The Netherlands. We have Wout Weghorst.

1 Like

I tried but got an error. So no. But then, the countries you mention will not win. If one of them does, I will eat my wooden shoes.

1 Like

I honestly don’t see anything unnatural about the new version. The original is obviously awful by comparison. With the enhanced version, I just see a very well lit, well focused photo.

You can see the wrinkles under her eyes and her lip, individual hairs in her eyebrows and lashes, as well as on her head. Even though her eyes are a different color, they’re bright and sharp, even the highlights in her eyes are sharp. You can’t see any of that in the original.

It looks like she had an extremely good makeup job done by a professional and photographed by a professional. IDK where these photos originated, but they could very well be stills from one of her many movies.

2 Likes

And you voted Germany? Nha, I will not change the poll. An administrator might want to do this and that would be ok with me.