Should the number of consecutive posts be unlimited?

I suppose I should add troll to list of things I can be called at will here as well.

There will always be a certain limit for consecutive posts. Right now it is 3. It may change in the future, no matter how many times or for whatever reasons. This is VHTV Forum. This is not CamCaps and I do not care about their rules. We love CamCaps and we consider ourselves as their friends, but it does not oblige us to carry their rules & principles here, despite the fact there are a lots of users coming from there.

We might reduce the consecutive post limit even further, as soon as we find a way to merge consecutive posts into one, the latest, automatically.

But why is the question. Yes, we all know that you can, but why?

I’m going to chip into this after reading on and on. I have no problem with the rules that VHTV have set out on this forum and I can work to how it is set out after all it is VHTV’s forum to run as they see fit and if they deem 3 consecutive posts is what is required then so be it, also I see they also tried to give ideas on how to maximise those posts and I know any idea that was given, Amy has refused as Amy only wants to do it Amy’s way which then triggers the response from other users, now Amy has also rabbited on about how on Camcaps Jabbath & Sparkles and many others created numerous posts without limit well there really is only one thing to say and that is this is not Camcaps it is VHTV’s forum and it is constructed in a very different format. Now that rant is over with.

@VHTV_James I did read somewhere in this thread a suggestion that I think was a good compromise to this ever going issue and that is while you have set the number of consecutive posts to 3 is it possible to introduce a rule that it is 3 consecutive posts in a 24hr period? This way if a relatively quiet board who only has one or two posters at least then they could keep up to date on a daily basis.

Sorry, but that is madness and makes no sense at all. It’s almost like you only want your most popular members to comment on the most popular topics only.

Just for clarification please… Does the 3 post cap apply to one thread or all consecutive posts, made anywhere on the forum. I am asking because I didn’t even know it existed untill this thread started. I certainly have not had any messages telling me I couldn’t post more than 3 in a row…when I actually have done!

You have something to lose as an operator and therefore it should be no surprise to anyone that you have a vested interest in supporting the hand that feeds you. None of this is an argument for why the limit is necessary. Answer that question please.

It apply to each member in each individual topic. You may only make 3 consecutive posts, not 4. If you have something to add you must either wait for someone else to post a comment or edit your previous comments.

There are topics on this board that very few people have an interest in. Maddy’s apt is a good example. Why should I as an interested member who wants to follow the apt be limited to only 3 posts if there is virtually no other members posting in the topic?

No, Amy, we don’t have, don’t want, and will not advocate all our decisions. It is what it is. Whoever not being a fan of our decisions have always had a very convenient way to live without them.

I like this suggestion, but there is no such functionality yet in this software. We might consider sponsoring it’s development for open-source community as we have already done for Discourse before, but we see no need for us to do it now.

Please provide me a sound argument where me being an operator has any bearing on my own idea’s and thoughts, I have the ability to agree or disagree with anyone including VHTV. And as for the question I don’t care what the rule that is set as I can work to it, you may not like it but VHTV has made a decision and we all have to either live with it and if a person can’t live with it then move on.

This to me says very clearly that you don’t have a good reason and that it’s really just arbitrary and since you lowered it as a punitive measure against me directly it is just that, my punishment and that it.

You have something to lose that VHTV can take away from you. Namely access to a 48 timeline and likely a free sub too.

Well during my time posting on this forum I have never hit the limit & received an error message. So for me personally, the limit of 3 is sufficient.

But that’s just because you tend to post one off comments. Must everyone be the same? Seriously look at the CC link I posted about Misty’s apartment. That’s what I planned to do for Maddy’s place. With this cap, it’s basically impossible.

So in other words. You want to introduce a rule that if you make 3 consecutive posts you have to watch 24hr to post again?

I still don’t get any of this. I have posted more thn 3 posts in a row, quite frequently and have NEVER been warned about it.

No, you have to wait for another member to post before you can post 3 more consecutive comments again. Maybe I should just create a new account to get past this arbitrary rule?

In one apartment?

Yes, per topic.