Participants reading books?

With everybody staring at their phones all the time it is a welcome variety to see someone reading a book for a change. Immediately makes a person more interesting, doesn’t it? And we’re always curious to know what they might be reading.

Only noticed two books lately.

Amelie is reading Agatha Christie.
And no, I don’t read cyrillic, I only saw A☐A☐A, guessed that could mean “Agatha” and googled what “Agatha Christie” looks like in cyrillic. The gobbledygook seems to match.

Gella might be reading Harry Potter. Only spotted the book, haven’t caught her actually reading it.

4 Likes

Gella has been reading Harry Potter for months now. And Amelie is reading something ever so often. Apart from that, I can’t remember seeing much reading here either.

Interesting question for a topic by the way. It’s a shame that it will probably be lost among topics about boobs and butts and such.

1 Like

Philippa also often reads books.

3 Likes

A very good point, I wonder how many people read a printed book, compared to reading on an e reader or an app.

2 Likes

i actually find it kinda sexy seeing one of these young girls semi naked reading a book even more so if there wearing glasses ,

5 Likes

I have not thought about that. These days I do most of my recreational reading on a Kindle, too. A tablet would do, but reading on a phone? Doesn’t seem very comfortable to the eyes. But from now on, whenever I see a naked girl staring at her phone, I’ll just imagine she’s reading french poetry… :grin:

2 Likes

Charles Baudelaire?

“A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors”

2 Likes

I think people always forget that younger people do lots of stuff on their phones. I mean I know they are probably not reading French poetry (not that I want to judge, I don’t think I’ve read any French poetry in the last 20 years :smiley:) but they do lots of different stuff with it and reading something is definitely one of them even if it’s just the news or something on the internet. You barely see laptops or any kind of computers anymore because phones are replacing them.

3 Likes

No hay nada mejor que el olor de un libro; luchar con las páginas para pasar una a una y doblarle la punta para no perderte la hoja por la que vas.
Pero es cierto que ahora se lee mucho en dispositivos. No creo que sea lo más cómodo.

2 Likes

Reading a thick, heavy book isn’t very comfortable either…

1 Like

Good point there. My son is 22 years old, and he’s on his phone…qute a lot! But when we meet and have time to speak, he is pretty well informed about many things. He even quoted Plato once :smiley:

3 Likes

Aun lo sigue siendo para mi… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

But an e-reader is much more forgiving when you fall asleep and salivate on it. Ask me how I know…

7 Likes

Bardy

2 Likes

Yes. JonR had once seen that Philippa had read the book “Crush” by Tracy Wolff (genre: young adult, paranormal fantasy).

3 Likes

Yes, she seems to like Tracy Wolff… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

…and other things… :grin:

6 Likes

Amelie

5 Likes

Libra

3 Likes

Edit: Oops, I got that wrong, it is not “We the Living” but “The Fountainhead” by Ayn Rand.

3 Likes