Lags and latest site problems

That’s very fast compared with me :joy: :joy:

This is how i have it on my side today

1 Like

The first ten seconds of your video is how it is normally for me without anyone else having issues

Understood. Remember you said this the other day. I don’t have issues usually. Only when it’s global

Oh, on top of the slow loading, when finally the slow loading cams are opening, it does in very low image quality

Yes can confirm site is slow for me also.

Bij mij juist hetzelfde , als bovenstaande problemen

even for me le there are problems with cam openings…(surely n is not a problem of my connection since I go 850mb download and 100mb upload)…

Things seem to be getting back to normal for me. Everything is very strange…

Still the same for me :man_shrugging:

Come on guys no one has mentioned the video jumps which is a bug bear for me and and gets me really pissed off.
If cams don’t load well on any apartment i just get out of there pronto, have given up beating my head against a brick wall. :laughing:
Blame it on storms, bugs on the line or even Brexit, now that would be novel :laughing:

cc @VHTV_James

Have you checked your biscuits & cleaned your stash? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

also for me…

We see no problems with our infrastructure, and had no recent incidents indicating those too. We continue to monitor incoming reports, yet none received via VHTV Support apart from single report by Taylor197298

We definitely lack quality reports including the screenshots/videos of problematic streaming while developer’s pane is opened in your browser showing Network tab filtered by .m3u8 & .ts requests. As we see no problems on our end, it’s almost impossible to diagnose the issue unless we get detailed reports as described above.

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

These all may also indicate there may be global/continental networking issues, which may also affect VHTV streaming for end-clients. Unfortunately, these may not correspond with your experience using high-load live streaming services like ours or like Twitch, as those giants have intermediate data-centers close to your ISPs to mitigate global network lags.

We also continue monitoring our own infrastructure heartbeat in order to notice any problems on our end as soon as they might appear.

Might be the case. I mean there is for sure something wrong if people report issues (I have by the way too) always at same time for days by now.
Even if you do not see anything in your infrastructure there might still be several cases why it happens:

• New case where you do not have any monitoring for yet (This happens quite often by the way)
  • The way you monitor things. Do you only monitor things from your internal network or does monitoring also include requests from outside your network?
  • Is the monitoring done right? Nowadays simple hearbeat monitorings are no longer recommended as they can be misleading and give wrong data.

We get asked all the time to provide any evidence by the network tab but not very many do it. For me personally i don’t have a clue how to do it or understand it.

There is a detailed instruction in diagnosing tutorial

I think much can depend on the equipment members are using as well.
I am normally on a small and aged laptop most times during the day but can be on my desktop which is new with a very modern spec and 32Gb of ram which is ample though i suppose it is old now as it is a few months old :joy:
Performance is obviously good on the desktop but still suffers from my infamous, whinged on about video stream jumps which many members have now acknowledged they do get as well.

Yeah but so many people reporting it each day at basicallly the same time there has to be more behind it.

Quite agree maybe i was just being kind :wink:

It happens during the broadcasting to viewers. The stream getting send from the apartments to VHTV servers do not cause the problem. That is why timeline when watching later and lags are fixed is also working fine.

So your thinking is right.