Discussion about Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yes it would annoy Putin as he wanted to have more breathing space between Nato Countries and his perception of a United Russian Federation minus the Ukraine.

Now he gets some of his own medicine. Maybe Nato should group some thousands of soldiers around his borders now too :joy: :smiling_imp:

Starlink in Ukraine - head-ace for Russia , courtesy ElonMusk

I think Putin realises NATO is never going to attack him unless he triggers article 5.What I think he fears more is the democracy that comes with EU membership and to a lesser extent with NATO membership. Could spoil his fun. In many ways he is a bit of a primitive thinker. Even the KGB didn’t think he was bright enough to be an operational field agent.

Currently, NATO has 40,000 troops stationed across the Eastern border of Europe in what’s called an enhanced forward presence, to send a clear message to Russia that any attempts to advance beyond Ukraine will be met with f___e. These troops are in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.24 Mar 2022

1 Like

Soon they can also put some in Finland :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This is from a London Radio Station. LBC’s reporter Charlotte Lynch was given exclusive access to some of the 8,000 British troops being deployed to countries including Finland and North Macedonia this Summer, as they took part Exercise Arrow drills in Säkylä in Western Finland with Finnish and US soldiers.

The UK is also sending 72 Challenger 2 tanks, 12 AS90 tracked artillery guns and 120 Warrior armoured fighting vehicles to training exercises over the next few months.

The war drills had been planned months before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but this is the biggest number of troops and armoury the UK has provided to take part in such a training exercise.

The troops from B Squadron of the Queen’s Royal Hussars are halfway through a two-week-long embed into a Finnish Armoured Brigade and have moved to Säkylä where they were joined by LBC’s reporter Charlotte Lynch.

2 Likes

Study: Over the past 2 months of the war with Ukraine, the number of people who consider TV the most reliable source of information has decreased by a third.

Russians began to trust the TV less: in March-April, the number of people who consider it the most reliable source of information decreased by a third. This is stated in the study of the international advertising group GroupM “Accelerate research” on media consumption in Russia, which was reviewed by the Kommersant newspaper.

file-0656408e4caced27c2a3dabbf4cd970d

<more>

1 Like

Slowly sinking in then eh, about b___dy time.

Always keep in mind that we all (you and me) are products of our time, upbringing, education and information that is readily available to us. Philosophers will tell us that there’s no such thing as a free will. We are nothing but ants. So I find it hard to blame the Russian people for their ignorance. I even doubt our views from time to time. I know, when we get footage of Ukrainian women, c___dren, innocent civilians being bombed, k__led, t_____ed, r__ed, abducted, it is safe to say that the Russian Army are the bad guys. But the Russian people watching Russian State TV see the exact opposite. For them we are the bad guys. So who is right?

I would like to think we are right as we would seem to be better educated and informed in the west of all things, good or bad.
Perhaps better educated is being a bit unkind, lets just settle on us being better informed.

John Sweeney @johnsweeneyroar 5h

In Poland. Safe. Thanks NATO.

Ukraine hits back | SnakeIsland - coming back to bite Russia

Frontline report: Ukrainian counterattack drives back Russians in north

I dunno about you Rob mate but it’s at times like this that I appreciate our Democratic way of life.:+1:

That is a common flaw of all Russian tanks. They store all the ammo in the turret. So when it gets hit all of them explode and propell the turret into the air like you see here.

Western tanks mostly store the ammo in a separate compartment. This makes the tank a bit higher and more bulky and also more expensive but a lot more safe.

Over the past two months of the war with Ukraine, the number of people who consider TV the most reliable source of information has decreased by a third. When asked for a more reliable source of information, a rather surprising name popped up, which threw everyone by surprise.

A kind little Dutchman who goes by the handle of @Stinky240 was praised for his balanced and intuitive postings on a rather obscure forum. The BBC and many major news organisations seek to employ his services to raise their tattered reputations. Still, their searches for this rather elusive Dutchman have come to no avail.

They have been concentrating their searches on Amsterdam’s red-light districts and coffee houses, where he is believed to frequent many evenings. Chief investigating officer Ivor Bigen says: “The man is an enigma, and he seems to be one step ahead of us all the time, but we will secure his services before others get hold of him”.

They are stepping up their operations now after a tipoff and focusing on cat food suppliers, and the net seems to be closing for our rather elusive reporter.

Look who’s back! :+1:

1 Like

Olena Tregub

@OTregub

Remember how russians hit railway station in Kramatorsk where civilians were trying to flee to safety. Mom Natalia and d______r Yana lost legs. The boy Yaroslav was a bit away from the explosion watching the luggage. They are twins with his sister. #RussianWarCrimes

4 Likes