All about shaving

Whatever floats your boat then. My wife occasionally nicks when shaving, she says it hurts like a bitch and then proceeds to walk around looking like a scarecrow for hours preventing sweat from making the pain worse :rofl: That is why I don’t shave there, I can live with hair under my arms.

1 Like

Tell her to try a band-aid that seals all around the cut, with maybe a piece of medical/surgical tape to it hold down, since it’s in her armpit. Keeps stuff from getting in it. Also, just a tiny dab of antibiotic cream wouldn’t hurt, either. :+1:

Yep, she does all that. She uses a styptic stick or should I say my styptic stick. It stops b___ding instantly on nicks, stings like bitch though. She is a Matron and has been a trained Midwife/Nurse for the better part of 20 years, so I dare not tell her how to treat her own nicks and cuts :rofl: For fear of having to treat my own after telling her :rofl:

Wow, I haven’t seen, heard of or used a styptic stick in decades. I didn’t even know they were still in use. Obviously, they are, and you’re right, they sting like a bitch. :rofl: :rofl:

The vet my dog goes to uses one if he accidentally clips a claw a millimetre too short and catches the b___d vessel. Dog’s react the same as humans.

Many chemists near me have them, and there are lots of them on Amazon, they tend to be called Styptic pencils now. They last forever mine is several years old.

Yeah, I remember they were called Styptic Pencils when I was a kid, many decades ago. I never really used one, though, I do remember the sting when I tried one out as a kid.

I’ve mostly used electric shavers. These days, I use Norelco’s OneBlade. Fantastic little shaver. Shaves wet or dry and has blades on the top and bottom, so you can shave up and down, or side to side, at the same time. In other words, you can shave your entire cheek dry, for example, without ever lifting the blade from your face. Very fast. Can even use it in the shower.

I have a Philips one blade, but if memory serves, then Philips and Norleco are one and the same. Norleco being the US and Philips in the UK. And yes the one blade is fantastic gets nearly as close as a wet shave and the blade I just replaced was nearly 24 months old, granted I shave twice a month.

Wow, how old are you then, 13 :laughing:

It is actually called the Philips Norelco OneBlade on Amazon. I just left off ‘Philips’.

The little connecting silicone pieces under the blade that allow it to stay flat over the contours of your face usually break on mine long before they get to two years, and I don’t even shave once a month. I hate shaving, but I love the OneBlade. :+1:

I just clipper mine with no guard. (Self sharpening blades) Razors have got so expensive. Last Razor I bought was one for contour shaving and the head was so wobbly I damn near cut myself to shreds. Unnecessary redesign. People managed perfectly well with single blade, fixed-head razors for hundreds of years, floppy multi-blade things are a nightmare.

Jabba’s sardonic forum title made me laugh. :smile:

I can change it when you have a better one :wink:

1 Like

No, I think it should stay. Maybe over time a collection of instructional forums will coalesce. ‘All about fellatio’ or ‘All about a____l husbandry’. ‘All about pregnancy’ :nerd_face:

You missed one, @jabbath1987. I don’t even know what topic it was in, now, so I can’t give you a link to it.

I moved them from the Lesley topic…

1 Like

OK, but as I said, you missed one.

https://forum.voyeur-house.tv/t/lesley/17733/138?u=letsdothis

I understand, people like what they like, but don’t knock the OneBlade until you’ve tried it. I’ve used mine for years and never had a nick, cut, scr__e or any kind of injury. You can always return it if you don’t like it. Aomega can probably say the same.

5-blade razor for face and below the belt - smooth, no nicks and baby soft.

I wouldn’t put anything with a swivel head near my nether regions. Not that I shave there anyway. Man beast, me. Groinal forest. Something to sink your teeth into. Grrr.