Where are forum members from? (NOT participants!)

Thanks JonR for your hard work in this respect. :champagne: :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

That’s exactly why I find the map exciting. On the other hand, I remember that VH itself cannot be accessed easily in Russia, so it is hardly surprising that there are apartments there, but no spectators

I’m amazed that Asia is so poorly represented… or not involved in the topic here. There is the prejudice against an Asian island state of being relatively voyeuristic…but perhaps European-looking people are not on their wishlist. I think it’s a shame, purely for cultural reasons I would also like to have an insight into the thoughts of this region of the world.

There is actually very little work behind it. Just put a marker every time someone posts a country or city. It’s a bit critical when someone says something like ‘Australia (W.A.)’ or ‘England, Northwest’… that’s so wonderfully imprecise :blush:

It’s nice to see that a representative survey can confirm one statistic with another statistic :grin:
Let’s see how this develops further. Maybe our BUMP will ensure that others can also find the topic. There is still plenty of space on the map…

@JonR that’s interesting information thanks for that
Keep up the great and hard work :hugs:

1 Like

@JonR A possibility of certain Asian countries not being represented is down to cultural and religious customs. With a lot of Asian counties believing in Islam with very strict dress codes.

1 Like

We say ‘exceptions prove the rule’. We have at least one Iranian here too, and one Israeli, although their rules aren’t known for their open-heartedness either. I’m more surprised that Japan and Korea seem to have little to no representation. Islam plays almost no role there.

Like you I am suprised about the lack of interest from Japan and Korea

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate the support.

1 Like

I am from Sweden (live close to the city Gothenburg)

3 Likes

I’m Dutch but also live through the year in Germany and Taiwan.

4 Likes

Wow quite the distance :wink:

You’re not making it easy for me… :exploding_head: in which country should I put your marker on the map now?

1 Like

I lived longer in Germany then in Holland but just let it be

Football Amsterdam GIF by Manne Nilsson

1 Like

You don’t know how much i hate planes at the moment and tyfoons. I was in the middle of it in early september.

Im from Sweden :sweden:

4 Likes

Great to have a bit more open-ness guys, much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be the place where he was born?

1 Like

Most of us certainly still live in the country in which we were born. but nationalities also sometimes change. I think it would be more interesting to see where they live now and feel like home

Where we were born and went to school may determine how we were raised, mostly determined by our parents and their culture. But where we live now shows how we ourselves have decided to live. I think that sometimes says more about our presence here than our place/country of birth

It was just a thought based on the topic title: Where are forum members from?

1 Like

For most people it’s basically unchanged, maybe just the city has changed. But that’s why I asked him where he would like to be placed.