Weird and totally unwanted colour change

Just recently (the last couple of days only), my forum colour settings have somehow reverted to show every page (without exception) in dark mode with horrible purple outlines and nigh on impossible to read, emoji labels (oh and this text I am writing, appears as white).

No matter what I do, I simply can not go back to my proper settings where everything is on a white background and looks MUCH MUCH (yes I did write it twice) nicer!!!

There is NO (I repeat NO) apparent reason for this sudden ‘new’ look and I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them, without their permission as seems to have happen with me.

I should point out that my ‘air-light’ setting for all forum backgrounds, is still apparently in place, with ‘dark mode’ turned OFF (yes it IS turned off, according to what is shown in my settings). I keep resetting it to make sure it goes back to how it ALWAYS was and I press ‘save’ every single time without fail. It does NOT save the settings. Oddly, when I refresh a page, I see the correct settings for a split second and then it just goes to this appearance I have been describing.

Can someone please explain what on earth is going on?!

1 Like

Hello David,

Currently Discourse has this kind of bug:

If your device (no matter what, mobile or PC) is set to DARK color mode, than forum turns black and you can’t change it manually. If it’s light scheme, everything is working as expected.

Unfortunately, we can’t provide a quick fix as forum is powered by third-party, so we’ll need to wait. The best way to view forum in usual light mode is to turn your device to light color scheme

1 Like

I reported the same thing a few days ago as well

maybe you accidentally pressed this button here?:
grafik

On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Appearance in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Select Light, Dark, or Auto on the right .

On your Windows, Select Start > Settings . Select Personalization > Colors. In the list for Choose your mode, select Custom. In the list for Choose your default Windows mode, select Light or Dark.

1 Like

On your iPhone

Turn on/off Dark Mode in Settings or Control Center

1. Go to Settings, then tap Display & Brightness.
  2. Select Dark to turn on/off Dark Mode.

To turn Dark Mode on and off in Control Center:

1. Go to Settings, then tap Control Center.
  2. Tap the Add button next to Dark Mode to add it to Control Center.

On your Android device

Turn Dark theme on or off

1. On your phone, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Display.
  3. Turn Dark theme on or off.
1 Like

Thank you for your prompt response, appreciated as always. I definitely don’t have the dark mode activated so I suppose as you say, I will just have to wait until it gets resolved as it really looks horrible at the moment!

Could you please send me a full-screen snapshot of any forum page from your device (no matter which exactly) and I’ll check if there are any other possible conditions causing the issue?

because it fits the topic: there is a color bug in dark mode. if you look for a recipient in the mails, it is shown in light gray on white (and is therefore hardly legible), while everything else remains in dark mode …

That might work with simple names, but if you really have to look carefully to make sure you choose the right one, it’s difficult

Yes those name labels are virtually impossible for me to read currently.

Here is a screen shot showing my current interface settings. As you can see, there is nothing there that would indicate an issue.

I don’t see that on mine.

I don’t own either of those devices. I just use a Windows (still version 10) laptop.

What Kaya is basically saying above the forum interface is not registering the options selected there but is going by what your device is set at, so if you computer/mobile on it’s owns settings are set as dark mode then the forum is following those instructions instead of the forums interface settings

Can you please send me the same but full screenshot? Like, with browser window, time on your PC and etc included? You can send it via DM if it contains something personal:)

Yes I understood that but that isn’t the case with my computer settings, as far as I am aware.

Hopefully this one is better…

grafik

You can see this setting by activating the forum menu on the left. To view it you have to click on the “hamburger menu” and then it’s at the bottom…

Yes I am familiar with that menu and how to activate and deactivate it. However, that crescent moon icon does NOT appear on my version of the menu.

Thanks! I’d still say you’re using dark mode of your Windows. Your browser window and task bar are dark. Let’s try to change it.

Select Start > Settings . Select Personalization > Colors. In the list for Choose your mode, select Custom. In the list for Choose your default Windows mode, select Ligh