Video and audio quality

Hello all! After being a member of reallifecam.com for years, I thought I should give this site a try. I think it is a pale comparison when it comes to audio and video quality. The lighting is overall poor, the image quality suffers form the lack of lighting, and the sound is poor too. The camera angles could be better, and could benefit from better zoomed in view. It’s like a 2005 version of Reallifecam. So any thoughts about how to improve this?

4 Likes

wellcome to the forum , we can take it your not a fan then, yet we can see you have paid fee s The old Proverb = A fool and his money are soon parted. Hope your topic does well but there has been many comments allready made . :shushing_face:

If you want to see vhtv you have to get used to that, they will not change anything at all. It’s like living in the time of the URSS. Much patience and encouragement.

1 Like

As I’m new to the site, I don’t know much about it. But don’t you think VHTV is interested in improving their product overall? I just paid to check it out thoroughly, which wasn’t much. But I was surprised at the video quality, as this is the main business for the site. Lights, camera and microphones should be frequently upgraded to keep up with the business, don’t you think?

2 Likes

Agree to that. Definitely upgrades needed on that in the near future

You are absolutely right, but those who run vhtv have less intelligence than a chicken.

RLC = Boring watching paint dry apartments running on a top quality interface with outstanding features (10 day timeline, motion detectors, better functioning timeline, preview thumbs, top quality cameras, superior camera angles etc)

VHTV = Far better apartments running on a poor quality interface with very minimal features.

Now thats insulting chickens :upside_down_face:

1 Like

We are also not satisfied with the picture and sound quality. After scouring the entire network camera market, we saw that there was nothing suitable. Therefore, we have designed housings, bought suitable modular cameras, microphones, and now we are introducing these homemade cameras into our apartments. If everything goes well, we will replace all cameras within a year.

1 Like

Celebrate Hardly Art GIF by Tacocat

WI FI or back to wire s all over the place / thats a real turn-off

Wires are not a problem when you make a good cable setup and use cable ducts. I would always prefer wires over Wi-Fi

being honest the wires at this moment look to be laid out by kids they are that bad

Well because many have no clue how to put cables.

Cameras cannot be powered from the air - they need a cable with electricity anyway. A data and power cable is preferable because it goes somewhere in a closed place, and does not stick out of the wall with an ugly power supply.

Suppyling power wireless might be quite the attraction though :joy: :wink:

Shock Lightning GIF by coloradoschoolofmines

2 Likes

How do you want to power cameras over wifi? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Look above :joy:

Yes I agree completly signal through wires will allways get better results than wi fi which can drop very badly , but looking at wire s with sticky tape / carpet tape / gorrilla tape on site on most flats looks a mess, yet simple lightweight ducting with clip on covers placed in the corner joints of rooms (in different colours) would be very hard to see , so visual is very important Its the same with the floors wire s everywhere apart from being a H&S trip wire its a mess , again simple ducting placed against the skirting /floor joint would improve the finish of the job. & again very hard to see on cam . Maybe the instalation job is to rushed or the person / team need more training ? A pro job with some thoght to the end job is worth the effort plus the landlords would have less damage s for money spent on decorating.

typo ---- thought !