VHTV participants and guests (and forum members) in songs

I didn’t post the first pic @Florencio231104 posted that pic so you can change the name on ur post I just want to be fair :hugs:

2 Likes

Credit where’s credit’s due. I’ll see to it immediately :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

You sir, are a gentleman :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you so much I appreciate it :hugs:

4 Likes

Bessie Smith - Alexander’s Ragtime Band (1926)

Tom Waits - Martha

Alexander & Martha

Before I leave this topic for now, allow me a little music history again. Irwing Berlin’s Alexander’s Ragtime Band is originally from1911 and recorded for the first time the same year. It became a huge hit, and sold over a million both in 1911 and 1912. Well, that is over two million copies of sheet music. Records were not selling that much back in those days.

So this may well be one of the first big smash hits in popular music, if not the first. The song’s popularity lasted and in 1926 legendary jazz/blues singer Bessie Smith’s version became one of that year’s biggest hits. Later the song has been covered by artists such as Louis Armstrong and Bing Crosby.

2 Likes

Where does the rather handsome Alexander come from (which apartment)? I don’t think I have seen him before if he’s still around, I would quite like to.

1 Like

well thats the kitchen in tonks appartment ,so think that might be a good place to start :wink:

3 Likes

You already got the answer in the post above. It would of course be a good idea to add the name of the apartment when the songs are for guests or pets, or tell if it is for former participants/guests/pets. I’ll try to remember doing that in the future.

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t go to ‘Tonk’s’ place very often so I didn’t automatically recognise it as his apartment.

1 Like

Oscar Peterson’s Trio, with Clark Terry (horn) - Misty

Ella Fitzgerald - Misty

Misty (at Tristan’s place) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

There’s so many good versions of this jazz standard (both instrumental and with vocal), that I just had to add two, just for the sake of a little music history :trumpet:

Now while we’re at it, let’s not forget former participant Misty :heart:

4 Likes

Aww, cute picture of Misty…I am talking about the dog, in this case but no offence intended to the young woman so named.

2 Likes

Oh yes a cute pic (from Wiki) of a lovely dog. I discovered her only yesterday, so I’ll probably be looking more into this apartment in the future.

As for Misty the girl, she is kind of special to me She is my first favourite here in VHTV from when I joined up back in August 2019. I’m sure you understand what I mean :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Chet Baker - My Funny Valentine

Sarah Vaughn - My Funny Valentine

Funny (former participant) :heart:

Sorry, got a little carried away in a couple of great jazz standards there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Yes I definitely understand what you are saying about special people on VHTV because I can certainly relate to that, having both historical (I joined in 2018 and there was a particular person around from that time onwards) and current day favourites.

2 Likes

Poco - Magnolia

Magnolia, living at Mustafa’s place. She is seriously growing on me :heart_eyes:

There’s some exquisite guitar playing on this track. The name is Paul Cotton.

3 Likes

Fatith No More - We Care A Lot

Caralot :heart_eyes:

Slight mishap in the spelling here, but phonetically it’s perfect. And I do suspect @letsdothis had this in the back of his head when suggesting the name Caralot.

Besides, we may be a wild bunch here on the forum. But we care a lot! At least almost all of us, almost all of the time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Vlad Codreanu - Ciao Romina (Official Video)

Andy Mineo - Herman Miller

Romina & Herman

6 Likes

YAP10 - ALEJANDRA (Rəsmi Musiqi)

Alejandra

5 Likes

Armin van Buuren feat. Jan Vayne - Serenity (Official Music Video)

Serenity

5 Likes

Glasvegas - Geraldine (Official Video)

Geraldine

5 Likes