VHTV Forum updates

There was a significant VHTV Forum disruption during our move to other infrastructure. Though our tech team gave up reviving it today and planned to get it back online tomorrow, they somehow managed to do it and now we’re back online.

There are some changes to the forum system which we are yet to discover, but one of the most significant is chat, which you can find in the website header. Let’s give it a try together to see how quickly it turns into chaos.

Please report if you encounter any bugs with forum which were no apparent before today.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Can’t see any chat. Anyway, I give it 24 hours… LOL

The third icon from the right is the chat…

Not for me using Firefox. I tried logging out and logging back in, but no difference

Maybe it’s only subscribers

Strange. I also have Firefox and I can reach the chat.

Just ask the support. They can definitely help you.

Chat is available to subscribers only

Thanks for the information. :+1:

The forum updates include a new sidebar which is now on the left side. I find it very unusual to look at and use, but it’s function is identical to the hamburger menu which was at the right side near the avatar.

The avatar menu is now changed to categorize all the notifications and actions which you might be interested in interacting with.

These changes are brought with “the core” of the forum software and it seems like the developers will be keeping it as a default layout in the future. I suggest trying it out and giving it a chance to see how convenient (or not) it is for everybody.

Many thanks for letting me know

Hi, i am on mobile and on my side today the forum was very strange. At first i was on the new version, then after a refresh went back to the old version, the live icon disappeared and also just now i am getting notifications all the way back from the spring and summer :hushed::hushed::hushed:

Is this the new version?

I don’t like that thing taking up sooo much of the page. just starring at us we try to find room to work

I want the previous design back.

1 Like

All you have to do is click on the Hamburger menu at the top and the new menu on the left-hand side of the forum will disappear again.