VHTV Community App

Ok, I’m getting this pop up asking me to install the VHTV Community app? Has anyone done this? I don’t see any VHTV app on the android play store and I know it’s not on the Apple app store without even looking. So, what is this app?

I recognize that VHTV can see my IP and probably more, but I do have to wonder what kind of access to ones device you’d be giving VHTV if you are crazy enough to install this app?

Насколько мне известно (а мне известно о проекте всё), мы не делаем никаких мобильных приложений. Мы заботимся о безопасности наших пользователей, так что не рекомендуем никому ставить приложения, которые якобы выпустила наша компания.

Huh? It’s right there on the page. Even this page.

Do you want to install VHTV Community on this device?

This link leads directly to this topic

It takes me to a link and asks me to install an app.

Seems to be gone now. Very strange.

Check your computer for trojans or viruses, just in case.

Surely it can’t be a virus doing that. The link shows up and it looks like its coming from your site. I’m actually on an Android tablet. No way am I going to ckick the install on that though. It doesn’t take me to another page, it pops up a box overlay that asked me to install the app. I’ll try to get a picture.

Hey don’t worry, it’s just your browser doing that, and it’s kinda fine but not really. I’ll explain this later.

Definitely not a virus

1 Like

Thanks! I figured it was some kind of quirk in the system. You know an app probably wouldn’t be such a bad idea. I don’t think I’d ever install something like that, but for others on the go an app would probably be pretty cool.

Yeah, It’s your browser is so smart that it wants to create a shortcut to your device’s desktop so you could jack up our obsessions with forums to a whole new level.

hits insanity GIF

I personally dislike it and plan to find a way to stop if from appearing without user’s consent to see it.

Discourse has two more levels of these:

1. You can install their App called DiscourseHub, but take my word, this is some useless app you may ever create. That’s whole other discussion, which you may try triggering at Discourse Meta forums. Boy we might be sending a quite an explosive package to those guys!

2. We could advertise our own application, if we had any. That leads us to one hell of discussion, and I don’t mean like we won’t ever get one.

So mean to me. :pensive:

1 Like

Didn’t mean that. I correctly put “our obsessions” as we are all obsessed with forums in general and now we all got this particular d__g of VHTV Forum. Didn’t we?

1 Like

I must confess, I have become somewhat addicted to the goings on in this forum…never mind anything which might be happening on the main site also! I just switch between the two. :laughing:

1 Like