Time-overlays often unreadable, why so rarely inverted?

I want to throw in a technical question:

this is only the 2nd camera (the first was in the Troy&Savannah apartment), where the overlay is automatically inverted for better legibility:

why do so few have it? there are tons of cams where the writing is often illegible because the light is too bright or the background has the same color…

I actually agree with you sometimes you can’t make out the time or date at all because the light is too bright or whatever.

It is a software setting which needs to be made in the software of each cam…

I know (I set up a few cameras myself). but since the design of the overlay is also specified, including the link to the page, it could also be part of the template

The link to the page is only a watermark setting. Also set in each cam individually. There were some cams with typos in the past :wink:

Thank you for creating this topic and raising this as a point for consideration. I certainly agree with you, that it is an issue.

What did you mean by that, if you don’t mind me asking?

none for VH :wink: but in the course of time i have set up several cameras, model fosbaby from Foscam, for friends. so i know some of the snags with the overlays from my own experience. and yes, with permission i had access from the outside… also in one of the bedrooms :wink:

Ah OK, fair enough. Thank you for explaining that to me. :slight_smile: