The Eurovision Song Contest

Ok, it is done. With the help of somebody who wishes to remain unknown I was able to put my money on Joost Klein from The Netherlands! When the bet was placed the odds were 16 to 1. Since then the Dutch entry became more and more popular and the odds are much smaller now. But you can still win! Wish me luck! :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

May I ask how much money you put on that guy to win?

So far in all bets Croatia 15% Ukraine 13% chance Switzerland 8% chance …

I was planning to put down €50,- on ‘Europapa’ but then I thought YOLO and doub__d that. So: €1600,- for me if The Netherlands win. Everybody televote for Joost Klein in may. I will remind you when the day comes.

1 Like

Good luck !! You never know…Netherlands so far in fifth place among 37 countries

All Winners :1st_place_medal: of the Eurovision Song Contest (1956-2023)

Top 35 Songs March 11 7 hour a go

Eurovision 2024 | My Top 35 - NEW: :georgia: (youtube.com)

So far 1. Croatia 16% 2. Ukraine 13% 3.Switzerland 9%
Odds Eurovision Song Contest 2024 (eurovisionworld.com)

Little do they know. Netherlands 10th! No mention of Israel. And then Germany on 32 out of 35. They wish!

WTF? We want our usual last place… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I thought that last place was reserved for the UK as well :sweat_smile:

Well in the recent years we worked really hard to get there and I am conviced our hard work pays off this year once again :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Do not laugh at us @iain. It takes a lot of efforts and dedication not even finding out each year which kind of music is not popular in Europe and but also finding an act who is perfectly lacking in presenting this kind of music.

2 Likes

I Think Israel song has not been officially announced. On the odds, the official page of the Eurovision Song Contest has it (beautiful singer with a nice voice)
Netherlands number 5 on the odds 6 %. Israel number 6 - 4%

I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into the making of a Eurovision flop. I do believe that the UK has another nul point song again this year. :beers:

For me Israel has the Best Song I have to listen carefully to the rest as well

1 Like

In the semifinals, there will be only televoting and no jury of experts. Therefore I think that no matter how good Israels entry may be, they will not qualify for the final.
And that is a sad thing. Events like these, the Olympics and so on, they should have nothing to do with politics. But this creates a huge dilemma. Do I think that Russia should be allowed back to International stages like these? I am not sure.

1 Like

I just cant believe that our song (Greece) is considered to be in top 10 or higher. I wouldnt vote it even to reach the final. Personaly i like Croatia, Austria, Ukraine and our Sister Cyprus

2 Likes

I disagree. Israel made it to the finals nearly every year lately

Hard to justify if Ukraine is also participating. Russia would only use that for their propaganda and you can’t f___e Ukraine to compete against the aggressor state which attacked them. So no Russia should not participate

Lately, there have been some developments in the region. Developments that make Israel look bad.

3 Likes