[Suggestion] Ability to favourite individual cameras

I have been a member here (on and off) for over a year and I really love the site. However, normally I’m only interested in watching one specific camera in an apartment. At the the moment, it’s a real headache when I want to browse the live feed page. Almost always, I’ll have to go through each apartment one by one to manually select the camera I want and see if anything interesting is happening.

My suggestion is to implement one of the following:

1. Allow a user to set a favourite camera for each apartment. Then on the home page lock the live feed to to that favourite camera. This would allow the user to view all their favourite cameras across all apartments on the main live feed page. I understand that cameras are constantly being moved/enabled/disabled. If a user has set a camera to favourite that is affected by this then the site could just go back to default and reset the preference.

2. Allow users to favourite a camera within an apartment (possibly multiple cameras for the same apartment) and display all favourite cameras on a separate page. The display format of this page would be a tiled view with live preview just like the current homepage (as opposed to a simple bookmark list which would still require clicking through one by one). Effectively it would just be a customised homepage. This would require a bit more front end work to implement but would be brilliant.

I really hope you’ll take the suggestion for consideration. I’d also love to here what other users think.

EDIT: Updated option (2) to say the favourite camera page should have a tiled view with live preview just like the current homepage.

Is this for the forum itself or the main site?

1 Like

For the main site. Sorry, should I have posted this somewhere else or should I update the post with more details?

1 Like

No here is fine.

I like the idea. Not bad at all.

1 Like

I think that’s a great idea cause for me especially in the bedrooms I like it close for example

1 Like

I think this is a good idea.

1 Like

Point2 is easy… Add a folder in your bookmarks where you add the direct link to cam for each apartment. Then on folder choose “open all tabs”

Done

1 Like

I also like your ideas but don’t expect any results. A few years ago I suggested to turn the Camera column into a floating column just like the Apartment column is right now. That way, the camera list would scroll while the main viewing panel remains put. It would help with some apartments that have so many cameras, you have to scroll almost a page down. As you can see, nothing was ever done.

1 Like

I have seen that feature in brief testing but it never got rolled out permanently.

1 Like

There are only certain ones that are free anyway. That would never be possible for me because there are only two or three apartments where that certain camera is free.

1 Like

Which makes no sense since the code is already written for the apartments. All they have to do is copy the code and replace the Apartment’s link with the Camera’s links. Hell, even I can do that.

1 Like

How about now?

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 22.41.03

2 Likes

THANK YOU FOR THIS :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :heart:

Wow finally. Thanks so much :hugs:

1 Like

Although I don’t use the live feed very often, even I will say that was a SUPER thing to do. Hats off to you!!
:+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for that :hugs::+1:

2 Likes

That is one option. However, it would still be nice to see the tiled overview of all apartment feeds on the homepage and have each apartment locked to a favourite camera if the user so chooses. Tabs/bookmarks still require clicking through one by one and especially on mobile this can be very cumbersome.

1 Like

Well i can’t see a particular reason (may be exception to the long hours pussy cam shows so typical in some realms ) to add a cam has favourite as people keeps moving from one to another all the time

3 Likes

Also ich find es nicht so toll bin wohl der einzige…

1 Like