Scrolling keeps bouncing back

Tricky to explain. I am using Firefox and when I have not been on a room for a while, I scroll through but the sceen often bounces back to where I came in (even if I go slowly) which is really frustrating. I am guessing it is not a forum fault but a setting in my browser. Any ideas? Cheers

2 Likes

The same thing happens here tooā€¦ nice to know Iā€™m not alone, but it would be even nicer to know a solution

3 Likes

Iā€™m occasionally experiencing the same thing, Firefox on a Mac, so it might not be your settings.

3 Likes

Iā€™m using google chrome Iā€™m having the same problem too

3 Likes

Glad itā€™s not just me! So frustrating. It is almost as if a buffer gets full then suddenly releases. Maybe VHTV support will take a look

2 Likes

I canā€™t reproduce this problem. I am using Chrome.

1 Like

I use both FF and Chrome and have never had the issue described when using the forum.

Edited to addā€¦I have Windows 11 on my PC.

1 Like

Seems to be worse when I have a good few pages to scroll through (when life gets in the way and not been on for a few daysā€¦ LOL) Iā€™m guessing if you keep on top of it and there are not many pages to scroll through it does not manifest

I have experienced this for the longest time, pretty much near the start of the forum. I just took it as a load of photos or something loading.

2 Likes

I have same problem, and I used to think it was because of new responses etcā€¦ but its not that since often the last response can be several hours ago, when you finally reach the end.

2 Likes

Is there such a thing as ā€œlease timeā€ on buffering at the server side which needs adjusting? Clumsily put, but I am sure someone more techy than me will understand

I didnā€™t find a solution, but maybe a workaroundā€¦
When Iā€™m in a ā€˜bouncingā€™ topic it seems to help to refresh the page with F5. After that I was able to scroll normallyā€¦
hope this works for you too

4 Likes