Positive, Cool, Crazy and strange things around world

I’d like to share a few pictures from Geirangerfjorden (The Geirangerfjord) i Norway.

There is a beutiful waterfall in the fjord called De syv søstrene ( Seven Sisters Waterfall in English). The waterfall is around 410 meters high, and is named the Seven Sisters because it has the resemblance of the long hair of seven women hanging down.

Right across the Geirangerfjord there is another waterfall called Friaren. It’s difficult to translate to English, but it means something like the one who is proposing for marriage. The lore goes that Friaren once proposed to the Seven Sisters, but got turned down. It made him so sad that he turned to alcohol. You may notice the bottle at the bottom of the 275 meters high waterfall.

4 Likes

In the western part of southern Norway there is a rock formation calld Trollpikken, the Troll’s Dick in English. It stands proud, surrounded by beautiful nature, and has become quite the tourist attraction, I wonder why :grin:

In 2017 Trollpikken was cut down by vandals, who used hammer and chisel to cut the poor troll’s dick off. However, the troll got help, and the dick was put back in it’s rightful place, and is now standing proud pointing up towards the stars, albeit with a little help from four iron rods.

Happy ending to the story :joy:

1 Like

Now that’s something cool and funny at same time :+1:t2::sweat_smile:

IMG_7443
Small Architect Penduline Tits Bird

2 Likes

Helmet with a built - in communication device so that the riders can communicate to each others, 1960s.

Atlas Moth

Amazing! I thought the first three were actual snakes! That’s fantastic camouflage.
:+1: :+1:

Samarkand, Uzbekistan

Abbey library of Saint Gall, Switzerland

• It was founded in the 8th century and contains over 170,000 documents, including many rare and valuable manuscripts.
  • Nearly half of the handwritten books are from the Middle Ages and 400 are over 1000 years old!
  • The library is also known for its stunning baroque architecture, which was added in the 18th century.
2 Likes

5 THINGS THAT CAN KILL YOUR DREAM

1. Fear: Fear is one of the most significant obstacles that can stop people from pursuing their dreams.
    Fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear of rejection, fear of what others might think - all these fears can hold you back and prevent you from taking risks or stepping out of your comfort zone.

2. Lack of focus: If you don’t have a clear idea of what you want to achieve, it’s difficult to work towards that goal. Without a specific target in mind, you might find yourself wandering aimlessly and lacking the drive to take action.

3. Negative self-talk: The way you talk to yourself can have a profound impact on your ability to pursue your dreams. If you’re constantly telling yourself that you’re not good enough, or that you’ll never make it, you’re likely to lose motivation and give up on your aspirations.

4. Lack of perseverance: Achieving your dreams often requires hard work, dedication, and perseverance. If you give up too easily when faced with setbacks or obstacles, you may struggle to make progress towards your goals.

5. Lack of support: Having a strong support system can make a big difference in your ability to achieve your dreams. Surrounding yourself with people who encourage and believe in you can give you the confidence and motivation to keep working towards your goals, even when things get tough.

In the town Tromsø in Norway there is a stone called Eidis Hansen steinen (The Eidis Hansen stone in English). The stone weighs 371 kilos (818lbs). There is a good story connected to the stone, a story I actually remember from back when I was a small kid in the latter part of the 1960’s. My father told it to me, when our family made visits to Tromsø.

Eidis Hansen was a fisherman/farmer from Balsfjord, who lived from around 1777 to 1870. He was a big and strong man who loved a good drink. Once upon a time Eidis came back from a long trip, fishing on the coast of the Finnmark county. He was very thirsty and made his way around taverns in Tromsø, enjoying one drink after the other.

Finally it was time to head back home to Balsfjord. Before doing so, Eidis had to pick up some bread and sugar, and of course two liters of hard liqour. However, the shopkeeper refused to sell Eidis more alcohol. So Eidis was thinking to himself, if I can’t buy any, no one else should be able to do so. He went down to the waterfront, picked up a huge stone, and carried it back to the shop and put it down in front of the door.

No one was able to remove the stone, even if they pulled together to try and lift it. Finally the shopkeeper gave in, and offered Eidis to have the two liters of alcohol for free, if only he removed the stone. Eidis found that to be a good deal, and carried the stone away, to put it down where it lays to this day. It has been tried, but no single man has lifted the stone since then.

Is it a true story or not? Who cares, it’s good story, and that what matters here. If you are still reading, thank you for stayng with me this long, and sharing a good memory with me :hugs:

By the way, the picture is taken by yours truly :smiley:

5 Likes