[POLL] Choose our new Forum Leaders

Well I do not see what you mean by that but when people want such a poll against me I won’t back down of it.

I answered your pm but I prefer to talk about it in public. I have nothing to hide in that matter.

Will the free alcohol be served out of the toilets?? This is a deal breaker for me. Choose your answer wisely. :joy:

Nope. The toilets will be locked, so people will have to drink up all the alcohol just so they have a bottle to piss in.

Damn what a shame I was really hoping for toilet bowl jello shots. I guess I will have to look for someone else to vote for… :pensive:

You watch too much of Harley (a girl in a Barcelona apartment on RLC) pissing in the bucket Ed :rofl:

I’m not sure if this is a privilege or a penance taking up this role as you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t as there is always someone who will attack you for your role. Personally I don’t like titles and I removed mine in my profile as I am no more or less important than the rest of people.

For example, I have seen Jabbath1987 verbally attacked every day in recent weeks for fulfilling his role on these forums when there was no malice or malicious intent whatsoever on his behalf at all. Yes, we can all get a little heavy-handed sometimes as we are human, but isolated incidences shouldn’t blind us to the 90% of other good work that goes on.

As logically thinking people, we have to devoid ourselves of emotional prejudices and focus on what is actually being done for the cohesion of the forum and in my opinion, there is no one else with the dedication, experience or knowledge of VHTV than Jabbath1987 and losing his daily input on these forums would be destructive for VHTV.

I think a far better way of sorting out things is that we have clear set rules as it was fine in the initial days when the forum was manageable but it has grown exponentially since those days. It is a lovely utopian idea to put that these are not hard and fast rules, merely guidelines to aid the human judgment, but sadly this is not working now. Some of the stuff I have seen on here directed towards participants is vile and was just a personally motivated ongoing campaign of hate towards this person. Sadly, there is nothing that can realistically be done to stop this person and that’s where we need a clear set of rules that people can refer to and be enforced when necessary.

I do have an idea though to maybe try and calm some of these spam and controversial posts. If a post gets flagged by say five members (or whatever is an acceptable number) then that post and poster are put into temporarily suspended mode until a moderator can deal with the issue. This would take some of the heat away from Jabbath1987 and also it would be initially assessed by members not just by one person. Anyway, whether it’s a good or bad idea that’s up for @VHTV to decide, but I feel strongly that the rules shouldn’t be guidelines now but steadfast rules.

One question who gets to decide what is considered controversial and what isn’t. I feel everyone deserves to have a voice. If you agree with it that’s up to you.

The members do through their repeated flags, sort of like votes, and then it is taken on to either Kaya or someone from VHTV, as after all it is their company and it’s up to them what they have or not on their forum.

IMHO it should be VHTV that are the forum leaders, they’re just getting others to do their dirty work a way of getting it done for free, that is if it is for free maybe jabbath gets free subscription :thinking: I’m only guessing by the way. I can only see some realms getting even more toxic than they are at the moment, I already stop watching Bella because of this. It’s going to lead to arguments and all realms are going to be so much off topic. If it gets like this I’ll have to consider my subscription. I really hope I’m wrong though.

I thought this whole thing came about because people were saying @jabbath1987 was censoring to many posts. So I don’t exactly understand how your plan to censor things even more would work out.

I can only agree with you Jock, as the forums in their present state has put me off even viewing half of the realms. This is why I think there should be steadfast rules and if you don’t follow them the responsibility and blame can only be put on yourself if you are kicked up the backside.

I’ve been observing the quarrels, differences of opinion, etc. among various users of this forum for some time. This is one of the reasons I don’t post almost anything on the forums anymore. Moderators from the user circle are not a good idea. I speak from experience as I have previously co-moderated many forums. Users with special moderation rights often arouse the envy of “normal” users. This creates new disputes that would not exist without moderators. Well, I’m keeping an eye on this now on the side. But from now on it will probably not be as nice as the forum was in the first few months. Too bad.

I think you have the wrong idea as it isn’t censoring it’s putting the responsibility onto members to make that judgement, and it can be five it can be ten flags whatever, but this is coming from their judgement not one person. The process would be temporary until it can be looked at by VHTV themselves, it’s just an idea to take away the decision from one person and leave that decision done to members. As I said, it’s just an idea, if you have a better one then please include it. :slight_smile:

What happens when the moderators disagree with each other :thinking: :grin:

We can find a compromise for that for sure. This forum fortunately is not the UN Security Council :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to note that flag reports are visible to moderators & admins only and will stay invisible to forum Leaders. These reports are resolved by VHTV staff only

That’s down to VHTV isn’t it as only they are moderators and if they cannot get their act together then we are all doomed. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The flags system doesn’t work as we saw recently with a topic being closed because a spam bot . Also will create more problems with specific groups attacking others using the flags for it

You’ve got moderators and admins so why bother to have forum leaders? :thinking: IMO I can only see the forum being unbearable to read. :cry: