Picture Mode

Is it possible to make it so that I can turn off all of the comments and only see the photos and videos posted in the topics? I mean if I choose too. Kind of the opposite of Work Mode, I suppose?

A lot of the comments seems to exist as banter among people who’ve been around here fore a long time. I’m not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, but it’d be nice to be able to turn off all of the comments if desired.

I’ve seen forums where there is a page a member can go to and from there they can see all of the images/videos attached to the forum by all users. Could something like that be created? Perhaps with a link to the topic where the picture was originally posted?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, our forum doesn’t have any gallery-only mode.

That’s too bad. I see that I can ignore people. Perhaps the workaround would be to ignore those people who never post pictures.

Is there a way to toggle between ignoring people and not ignoring them as a whole group?

1 Like

No it is not. The forum here uses the Discourse software as a platform. It is only possible what these software provides as a solution.

I don’t have a clue about the software behind the forum, but surely things advance and develop, and new features are always being added and enhanced. I suppose there is an audience out there like me, perhaps a large one, that either uses this forum to spot check things happening on the site or like me, are interesting in following things in the form of pictures and video postings. I’ve read the comments and it seems to me that a lot of it is banter between other members, request for activities, slights against other members or the people in the homes, some sort of insider joke or argument, or just off topic nonsense. That’s fine, I’d never want to silence people’s expressions, but forums do build in tools as means to specialize the experience to the users preference. I don’t have a subscription, but even if I did, I certainly don’t have time to even skim my way through all of the content. For me, this forum is a way to save time and effort and just enjoy the view. Anyways, just my thoughts on the matter. To each their own, but the more I can make it my own via preferences, the better for me.

1 Like

You can submit your request here: