Personal Rules

Just wondering a thing, and like to talk about it. i have a big set of personal rules (all closed in a box, written down) to regulate myself i suppose. Idea to make a box with them is mimicked by Gibbs, but most of the rules are my personal one, written in that style to memorize it faster.

also, wrote in english.

there are someone here who strictly following some personal rules in everiday life?

wanna share wich rule you have and why? may i post some of mine?

I have one rule I apply to myself and to others, because it covers most bases and gets right to the point. It may lack finesse and isn’t poetic, it may not seem very noble. But I was thinking of Bill and Ted’s ‘Be excellent to each other’ and wanted something just as pithy. So my rule came about after careful distillation of sentiment. Sadly I haven’t been applying my rule to my internet persona. Recent events have caused me to reconsider my position and now I’m applying the golden rule here too. Albion is dead, long live Albion. And my golden rule? ‘Don’t be a cunt’. :sunglasses:

Edit to add @Crerigan, yes, please expound upon your rules. It’s always interesting to see how others govern themselves. And right now I’m definitely open to influence in that area. Self improvement doesn’t have to about diet, physical fitness or joining some commune in the wilds of nowhere. Sometimes all it takes is a well-considered maxim.

i have 2 rules Try to be funny, try not to make jokes that do not translate well . I have done that a couple of times to much confusion or even anger!

I lost this topic for AGES, and i-m very very sorry.

to compensate, I upload the desktop background i made to have my best rules always close.

feel free to discuss them