Nina & Kira

Bad joke… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

From you I take this as a compliment…

But no, today everybody has to be nice. Even me.

Where are the girls off to at 0400 this morning ?

Message posté par Nina: Мы против войны! Пожалуйста, остановитесь! Пожалуйста хватит кровопролития. Очень страшно. Очень страшно.

6 Likes

The girls can’t afford to be arrested ,especially Kira ,and i thought they were home loving girls👯 Appearance is deceiving but I do support their cause :+1:

For our music thread, I was looking for songs about war and peace. I stumbled upon this song by Queen. Never knew this was about war. When I read further I learned that it isn’t. But it would be a shame not to share. Especially since we all(?) know howmuch Nina loves Queen and Freddy.

The unforgettable “Hammer To Fall” often seems to refer to the Cold War era, in which the band members grew up. The expression “hammer to fall” was thought to be about when the war finally turned from cold to hot. With themes of life and death, it would seem logical.

Guitarist Brian May, however, explained that the song is just about life and death. “Hammer to fall” is just the Grim Reaper doing his job, apparently.

Well, maybe it’s not a song about war directly, but perhaps it could be said that life is a war all its own and that we each have our own battles to fight. (source: musicindustryhowto.com/songs-about-war)

Can someone translate, please?

4 Likes

Just seen pictures of the demonstrators in st Petersburg and Moscow ,I hope and pray the girls are ok🙏

1 Like

I hear: Guys, see you. After monday. Tomorow we are late.

?

1 Like

In the video Kira says:

Guys, see you ah… after one day … tomorrow very very late. ( then blows a kiss to us all)

The translation of Refazer is:

Message posted by Nina: We are against war! Please stop! Please stop the bloodshed. Very scary. Very scary.

1 Like

Not after Monday, after one day!!!

2 Likes

Jude been on you tube videos of the demonstrations the police don’t give a shit how they handle people

Hope they are ok… :pray:

over 1500 demonstrators arrested so far. I’m sure they’re going to be mostly ok aside from the usual heat of the moment violent escalation stuff, but still. I’m impressed they dared to do so in the first place.

Russia has a proud history of patriotic individuals sacrificing everything to speak out against the state or do the right thing for the world even if it meant putting their own lives on the line. We could use another Penkovsky or Stanislav Petrov right about now.

2 Likes

Yes just as our hopes and prayers are with the Ukrainian people it is also important to recognize the bravery of those Russian people who are expressing their opposition to the war. Let us hope that Ukraine and Russia will soon be free of tyrants as history teaches that in the end, dictators never prosper.

1 Like

Agreed. Now will someone please tell me how whatsername is pregnant T_T

Do you want the Birds and Bees version, or will pictures do? God, I haven’t even spoken to my teenage daughters about this yet and maybe I am not the best person. :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

SCIENCE is the answer.

If they were at the demonstrations then they are both safely back at the house now :+1:

3 Likes

thats the past. Nina already leaving