(local?) Technical problems with all chrome-based browsers

Hello everyone.

the problem occurs here in all browsers based on chromium after version 101.0.4951.54, which is the last version that works without problems here.

maybe someone of you has an idea what it could be:

logged out: picture and sound on all free cameras
logged in: only the standby gyroscope, no matter in which apartment and on which camera
after logging out: free-cams stream again

the video shows the behavior in the simplest way:

if it were a global problem, the forum would be full of questions. so I think itā€™s basically a problem here locally. but I canā€™t grab it. so the question to the general public, maybe someone has the crucial tip

additional information:

• in firefox it works on all 3 devices without any problems. so I donā€™t suspect an error in my general internet configuration
  • I have this problem with the standard chrome and the brave browser on 3 different pcā€™s (1x Win10, 1x Win11Home, 1x Win11Pro), whether installed versions and portable versions
  • VPN or adblocker are not installed or at least deactivated. Firewalls are activated, 2x norton internet security, 1x currently only the firewall built into windows (on Win11Pro)
  • Cookies are not blocked, or only blocked in incognito mode. in incognito mode, the behavior is identical regardless of this

I am using Chrome and i donā€™t have any issues at the moment.

I have the exact same problem when my maintenance software (Avast Cleanup Premium) is doing the automated weekly scanning and optimisations

im chrome no issuses

1 Like

Hi:)

Could you please check what happens if you do try it with VPN?

1 Like

I havenā€™t had it yet. since it ran smoothly in firefox.
with activated VPN (part of norton internet security) it also works in chrome (with noticeably longer response times), which I find weird now. that would in itself probably mean that it could be because of the internet settings. but why does it work in other browsers without VPN?

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

1 Like

Please start by updating your Chrome browser. It looks like thereā€™s something pending based on yellowish notice in the top-right corner of your browser

1 Like

thats already done, its up to date. the yellow flags are because of permissions for plugins that i didnā€™t activate in the fresh profile (translator and thing like that)

1 Like

Ah sorry, I did not fully read your original post. There may be some errors visible in your Browserā€™s console (F12 ā†’ Console) when you encounter these problems. Could you please share what is displayed there when you experience these problems?

Network tab could help too, as it would show which video chunks are not loaded and why

1 Like

Iā€™m always use chrome and had no problem at all

1 Like

is there a difference between logged in and not logged in, other than accessing only some cameras? ā€˜name not resolvedā€™ sounds illogical to me if it worked before login

I hope you can see something useful in it. Iā€™m familiar with a lot of things, but not with this

edit: this is what the network tab looks like in the old chrome, the last working version i mentioned

Well these all look like good candidates for VHTV Support to check whatā€™s happening with your connection to VHTV.

Iā€™m not sure if you need to file additional support case as you provided enough visual confirmation of some problems (403) @kaya

3 Likes

Well the 403 (Which means forbidden) looks to me that your browser might not send all the data required to VHTV to authorize you. And you get back an Error 403

Here is quite a powerful tool to compare the requests your browser sends (Working versus not working)

Both 403 on playlists and VPN resolving it usually mean that ISP changes IPs too fast and thatā€™s why you canā€™t have stable access as a logged in user - VPN is fixing it by giving you static IP for whole session. I will send @JonR couple more links via PM to check just to make sure our suggestion is correct

1 Like

But in that case he should have the same problems in Firefox too. And there it is working.

I rather suspect a ā€œbrokenā€ Chrome config.

1 Like

You might have noticed the most intriguing part is missing - why is it working in several browsers correctly? Frankly speaking, I donā€™t have any quick ideas, but Iā€™ll ask an opinion of our technicians during business hours

1 Like

the ip is basically fixed, however, until the router is restarted, or the connection is broken, which happens at most every few weeks. and no other program causes problems, including download.sessions, etc., which would also react to ip changes

1 Like

I rather suspect Chrome or the Operating system. If it works for example via WiFi on Phone on Chrome browser you can rule out your ISP

It would be interesting to have the request headers side by side. Working browser versus not working browser.

error in the config sounds logical ā€¦ theoretically. until the new installation of chrome this afternoon on a computer that has never had chrome on it. because then the error would already be included in the basic installation and would also have to occur with others

Hmmm unlikely but not impossible. Could also be a Windows setting or bugā€¦
I am curious to see what request your browser sendsā€¦ The working one and the not working one.

It will be encrypted but we can see depending on the length of the header if one of the browsers sends more or less dataā€¦