Just testing something

Just some technical testing, two different ways of addressing an old and a new video, about the filler images with vertical videos…

1. old one by upload code

2.old one by file address

1. toady’s upload by upload code

1. today’s by file address

What exactly do you mean by upload code?

When you upload and post a new video, a line of text appears in your post. I call this the upload code because it includes an address that begins with “upload”.

When you right click on a video you can copy the file address of the video file on VHTV’s server.

When you want to display a video that has already been uploaded in a new post, you can do so by simply putting one of these lines into your post, no need to upload it again. Here’s what I wrote in the post above:

Now I found out that the “upload code” also points to some other information, like a preview thumbnail image of the video. That seems to be a new thing. Because now, when you upload a video that doesn’t have a 16:9 aspect ratio, the parts of the player that used to be black rectangles, are filled with that image. In the case of the video I posted yesterday in the Gabi forum, that’s where the two big shampoo bottles come from. For the old shower video of Diba, that I uploaded more than a year ago, there seems to be no such image.

I’ve done that before. In fact, I had to do it 10 times just a little while ago. I put 10 posts in the wrong topic before I realized it. I’ve just never heard it referred to that way before. Thanks for elaborating.

Do you mean when you post a vertical video and the left and right sides are a blurry picture?

If that’s not it, I’m on a phone and I see a lot of things differently than a computer user. I may not have noticed it, or it may not show up that way on a phone, at all. IDK.

Here’s a tip you may already know, but you’ve been very helpful, so I’ll try and return the favor.

If you download a photo before you click on it, the chances are very high, maybe 95% or more, that the resolution will be smaller than if you click on it first and then download it.

Works almost every time, and not just with VHTV. The only time I’ve seen it not work is when the preview picture is the same size as the picture after you click on it.

Thanks again.