Issues with accessing forum

So I haven’t been here in a little while and when I’ve come back you’ve clearly undergone some changes, they look good and interesting aesthetically from what I can see, however now I cannot access the forum from Chrome, it just freezes on the front page and I’m unable to interact with any objects on the page, I’ve disabled all my addons and still nada, not sure whats going on but would appreciate any support.

1 Like

I keep getting logged out when switching back and forth from there to the camera page

1 Like

I have NEVER EVER found Chrome to work well on the forum.

1 Like

@David wat gebruik jij ? Ik heb al Chrome , edge en firefox gebruikt . Niets werkt volgens behoren volgens mij .

1 Like

I don’t understand your problems with the forum. I mostly use Firefox and sometimes Edge. Both browsers work fine for me.

Do you only have problems here in the forum, or also on other websites?

1 Like

I am only able use ‘Edge’ successfully for the forum and main site.

1 Like

sinds nieuwe update lukt het niet om foto’s te plaatsen in edge en chrome . Berichten gaat ook heel moeilijk , soms na 2 a 3 pogingen lukt het dan weer wel .

sinds die zijbalk er staat lukt het niet

1 Like

I’ve hidden the sidebar because I prefer to use the old buttons on the top right.

Do you have the same problem with Firefox?

1 Like

VHTV Forum is based on Discourse, a software running bleeding-edge technologies and development approach (Damn, it sounds like AI would write it…). This comes with big advantages: it is easy to run, it has all the capabilities to scale it efficiently (VHTV Forum experienced amazing growth this year), and the Forum itself runs smoothly everywhere - it’s just good.

This has one possible negative outcome. As the forum changes, it needs to re-write it’s storage data on client’s side. Sometimes, it just doesn’t work as it should have, that’s why it just needs a hard refresh on your side. Usually, it’s the cache which is being stored/called incorrectly with time.

Here’s a simple shortcut on how to do it using different browsers and devices.

You should also have your browser updated to the latest version (it’s always a MUST for everybody) If this doesn’t help, you can try providing more info like video recording on unexpected behavior of Forum (or any VHTV project). This may be a great help to identify the issue and help resolving it for you and, possibly, to many others.

1 Like

En hoe verwijder ik de zijbalk , kan je daar mee bij helpen ?

1 Like

Bericht plaatsen lukt maar foto’s uploaden niet

1 Like

Click on the hamburger menu left at the top of the first forum heading and the bar will disappear

1 Like

Dank U wel

2 Likes

Thank you, this actually worked for myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To perform a hard refresh in Firefox for Android, do this.

• Tap the three dots (Kebob) menu at the upper right.
  • Hold your finger on the refresh button (circular arrow) for a few seconds until the page refreshes.

That’s it. Hope this was helpful.

2 Likes