Hidden Posts

@VHTV_James any way to make it so I can see who posted a hidden post from someone I have muted? Occasionally I like to read them, but it’d be nice to know who it is first. As it is now I have no idea and most of the time I’m disappointed with the reveal. Thanks

If that’s not possible, it would be nice to be able to at least be able re-hide posts subsequent to the disappointment.

Please elaborate. I’m very unfamiliar how mute/ignore works and didn’t plan to dive into that.

If you mute or ignore 2 people then all you see is that there is a hidden post, but you can’t see which one it is. Yeah, I get it why should I care. Well sometimes I do care and I reveal the post. Mostly I’m dissatisfied because it’s the other person I muted. I’d like to know who posted the hidden post.

This is all I see. I’d like to know which person I muted posted it without having to open it.

Reply VIEW 1 HIDDEN REPLY

I’ll take a look someday later. As for now it is what it is. There are no settings for this feature on my side.

If anything it would be nice to be able to re-hide the post after revealing it.

The real issue I have with ignore is it does not work. If I ignore someone I do not want to see anything they post; I do not want to see ignored post in other words that person who I have ignored must no longer exist. I do not want to get notification that I have unread posts and it is that ignored person.They also should not be able to see what I post. The reason I put a person on ignore is the annoy me enough to make me not enjoy the forum. If I keep seeing their post in all likelihood I will tell them exactly how I feel about them and that will get me banned. Get the ignore function working properly.

All it would take to get around that would be to log out.

Facebook has the best ignore. I do not see them and they do not see me. They no longer exist on Facebook for me. I never see the comments they post no matter where and same for them for my comments. Just as it should be.

Maybe so, but this forum doesn’t have millions of posters, it has maybe under 50 who regularly post comments. To make this forum the way you want want runs the risk of if becoming disjointed and it sets up a cast system of those who are in the club and those who are not in club, but it also impacts those who come along and don’t know any better. The clubs on camcaps wrecked that forum far beyond what I did. What you’re suggesting would essentially create clubs within the forum itself and would make those with the the most information and access dictators over the forum above and beyond the administration. Look what they did to CapCaps with their clubs. They stole their forum away from the admin and seized his power for their own. That same power base is what controls this forum. Is that what makes a good forum? Like-minded robots under the guideance of the operator class, determining who is worthy and who is not? That’s not an open forum, that’s a walled garden.

pink floyd GIF

See I got an unread message and the only to get rid of it was to click on what you had written and OH boy as usual the s__t I have no interest in. I really am not into conspiracy theories and how the fuck you would think a few who have become forum friend would suddenly want to take over VHTV is a load of bollocks, in fact exactly the type of crap I have no wish to see, it spoils the forum for us that are here to have a bit of fun and nothing more. I have no idea what camcaps is or do I want to know. You can personally assure the CEO of VHTV that no coup has been planned and his job is perfectly safe as I like VHTV and the way it is run. Now I ask you nicely to GO AWAY and stop reading or replying to my comments. Nothing sinister is happening on the forum.

Um, your off topic comment was written into my own topic. I was just splaining the problem with your idea. Generally speaking I don’t read your comments cause generally speaking they aren’t very good or interesting. I do enjoy it when you start to fall off your rocker in a fit of anger. That stuff I do enjoy reading from you.