Happy St. David Day

I just wanted to wish my fellow United Kingdom residents but of course those in Wales in particular, a very Happy St. David’s Day.

:wales: Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus :wales:

Plant Daffodil GIF

6 Likes

Lol you made that day up so you have your own day ahahha :joy: :joy:

When is St. Jabs Day? :pleading_face: :joy:

1 Like
1 Like

I know. I was joking around :joy: :joy:

1 Like

St. David is the patron saint of Wales so not made up actually.

1 Like

Lol it was a joke. :rofl:

1 Like

I am glad I am not called Patrick, in that case. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Happy St. David’s Day to everybody in the UK and in Wales :wales: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs:
![Happy English GIF by Fusion|500x278]
St Davids Day Sant GIF

3 Likes

You just missed it. It’s the 31st of February :wink:

1 Like

Nope, actually it’s May 24th…which just happens to be my birthday as well! :laughing:

In all seriousness, that IS my birthday but I don’t really consider it all that special. My Dad used to call birthdays “a milestone to the tomb” and of course, he was quite right!

3 Likes

Is correct. Actually, birthdays shouldn’t be celebrated at all for this reason. The real beneficiaries of these celebrations are the future heirs. They would have the actual reason for it… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is this how the translation appeared on YOUR page? In my original comment I used the word ‘tomb’ as this was the exact word my f____r always used. I just wondered if you simply got a slightly different translation, as I realise of course that a tomb and a grave could be considered by some as technically the same thing.

I am just curious, that’s all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was translated to me as “Grave”. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

Traditional festivities include wearing daffodils and leeks, recognised symbols of Wales and Saint David, respectively, eating traditional Welsh food including cawl and Welsh rarebit, and women w…
I was intrigued that this is way the quote finished on the post and had to check the wiki page to see what traditional festivities the women were doing . Were women wanking,? Are we supposed to be women watching, or walloping perhaps .

1 Like

“women wearing traditional Welsh dress”…

That was what was actually written, to complete that sentence. :slight_smile:

Looks like this…

1 Like

i read that but i wasn’t gooing to post it as i wanted everyone to look for themselves.
i was brought up on cawl & barathea

2 Likes

To my Friend David Always Health & Happiness !!
ecards-name-day-happy-name-day-319