'guest guy/girl' more and more often instead of names in the archive? Why?

That wouldn’t be a bad idea. :+1:

VHTV should give the MO’s a clear instruction on how to do the job. Even if it is voluntary, “rules of the game” should be adhered to.

1 Like

I remember I saved the ones when he fucked Syuri and used his name for that.

2 Likes

This is an interesting one to look at as how would say MO who only started looking at VH in the last year know who previous participants were, I’m not saying this is what has happened in this case but more so for going forward.

1 Like

yeah its not all them just certain ones why surprise me considering it was well after he was a participant

1 Like

very fair point maybe ask a more senior operartor if they no the guy is he an ex participant

Archi is listed in the Wiki. No need to ask:

1 Like

even more surprising they dont no him :rofl: im not having a go at anybody by the way just something i noticed nothing personal against any of the moments operators i no they work hard for free

2 Likes

Well I do not know the reason. I am always willing to help when there are questions. If they do not ask I can’t do anything…

1 Like

no problem thanks for the insight much appreciated

2 Likes

For me i mostly saved the guy stuff or if some have messaged me all to save them. I mostly add the names i only use Guests if they are new. I normally check the wiki. They hasn’t been any much cases where i just added in Guests in the video. It seems it’s one of the others who are using Guests and not the proper names.

2 Likes

Totally right. It is not you. I remember we even talked about some names in the past :kissing_heart:

1 Like

But for me personally i don’t see it a big deal to look up the wiki and get the names. There has been a lot of time and effort put in to get the pictures and names put in there so if everyone isn’t going to put the proper names on the videos and such then what is the point of having the wiki at all. The wiki as far as i’m aware is always up to date. There has been a few occasions where i didn’t know some names and i posted on the forum and i was told the names so i was able to use the correct names.

4 Likes

I try to update the Wiki at least once per day (If there are any updates) Tody there were already two updates. And both are listed in the topic for participant names in the MO section.

1 Like

One problem is that the Wiki has got very large. Have a look at Flora’s entry for example. It can take a long time to look through all the listed guests and try to figure out if the person that a moment is being saved for now is the same person with a different hairstyle in a photo taken a year or 2 ago.

If we say quality rather than quantity, then it could mean less videos from guests at apartments like this and more videos of regular people that are known to have correct quality tags/names.

I have at times decided against saving a particular moment because it was taking too long to go through a long list of wiki entries unsure if the person was listed or not. So the choice is generically call the person guest or not save at all. I usually choose the not save at all option, some other operators choose the save as guest option.

1 Like

I’ve been asking for well over a year now for moments operators to have the ability to add & remove tags and for the ability for titles to be amended. I believe this simple solution would solve a lot of the problem as greatly improve the quality of the data on the archive.

1 Like

The most recent guests are always at the bottom of the list. For older guests I always try to keep the photos quite up to date and add new ones. I did that for example with Alisa and Stephie in realm67 recently.

Well you know just pm me and I try to help. :kissing_heart:

Yes this would make things a lot easier BUT it should not be the case that other MOs have to do the work from other MOs by correctly tagging their videos. We can do that with the videos we already have in the archives but for new ones added there should be some quality standard established before. Otherwise this taks becomes pointless when some MOs do not use any name tags because they rely on the other ones to fix it.

2 Likes

Luckily, in some realms everyone is now more or less overloaded with tattoos. this makes identification easier :crazy_face:

1 Like

If say we create 100 moments per day and there are say 15 that we are not sure of the identities, then it’s not a big job for the team of operators to review the 15 unknowns each day and add the correct tags.

I’m not saying that we should adopt a policy where no-one puts names on and it’s left to one or two operators to add the names/tags later, but to have a policy whereby names & tags should be present at creation where possible but have the ability to add the names & tags later on.

That sounds perfect to me. :+1: