Funny's & Jokes

I think you might have meant Spring. That usually comes between Winter and Summer.
:smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

no, i mean wintertime and summertime
Next night the clock will be turned forward one hour to summer time
and in the fall it is set back one hour to winter time

3 Likes

it is also a tradition here to break eggs with easter

8 Likes

12 Likes

When you said Winter and Summer in the first post, I thought you meant the time of the seasons changing. That’s what confused me. We call the time changes, Daylight Savings Time (DST). Oddly, ours change on the 10th.

I think a LONG time ago, they changed it just so there was one less thing to think about on Easter Sunday. Plus, you weren’t rushing to get ready if someone forgot to change the time.

2 Likes

In Germany, the clocks are always set forward one hour on the last weekend in March on the night from Saturday to Sunday.
And on the last weekend in October they will be set back by one hour.

6 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

P6y9GuN_d

9 Likes

Here in the US, it’s the 2nd Sunday in March and the 1st Sunday in November at 2:00 AM local time.

3 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

No, he didn’t actually. We (tonight…actually to be accurate at 2AM) change from GMT (Greenwich Mean (or Meridian) Time) to BST ( British SUMMER Time).

We do however, adopt the Americanised pnumonic of ‘spring forward, fall back’, to remember what happens and when. The time will go forward by one hour.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Translation (for those who don’t want to put the translator to work):

INFIDELITY (cuckold type)

1. Calf (there were only glances)
  2. Goat (there were already conversations)
  3. Bull (they went out together)
  4. Ram (they held hands)
  5. Antelope (there were kisses and hugs)
  6. Deer (there were spankings)
  7. Cow (there was sex)

PS: if you have any questions, look in the mirror :laughing:

5 Likes

Think you will find it is of english origin, the yanks didn’t invent everything you know :joy:
Quote…

Thank you Robwin even on a Saturday you are still able to educate the forum with Good Old Queen Bess’s tutors instructions on how to shoot a longbow, :beers:

4 Likes