Flashing cellphone lights?

I’ve noticed (in the rooms at night when the night vision cameras switch over), when the participants are using their phones, sometimes a constant blinking light is seen emitting from their phone)… I’m wondering if the phone cameras are secretly taking pictures, but they can’t see the flashing light because it’s infrared?

Thoughts?

If that are iphones, then that are probably the IR leds for face ID, but by no means secret photos :rofl:

How do you know.?? You have too much faith in Apple ( and other big tech companies…) if you don’t think they are not 'monitoring ’ your photos/calls/ISP/search etc. There is a lot of millions to be made by them selling that info.!! :roll_eyes: :thinking:

1 Like

It most likely does it while its sending and receiving data

Ich denke, es ist ein optisches Signal für eine eingegangene Nachricht.

JonR is correct. The flashing while the night vision is on is the facial recognition scan which is infrared just like the infrared from the night vision camera, hence why the cameras pick them up. Something I find slightly interesting is that you might notice sometimes when one camera in a room has switched over but another has not, you can see a small light on the camera that has switched to night vision. Of course we can’t see the light as infrared is not in our visible spectrum

To answer your question @Wilburn230181, the camera on iphones are nearly always on, looking for a face it recognises. The phone will remember the scans so it can be more accurate when there are subtle changes like glasses or facial hair growth.to you.

Good morning everyone :wink:
Francis has already explained the topic, but since I was asked directly, I will also answer myself.

Faith? no. Trust? limited. (but more because everyone constantly enters data that is actually sent to the net. why should someone spy on us against our will when we voluntarily disclose vast amounts of data every day…)
But I have a basic understanding of how technology works. and for something like face recognition to work, the camera has to be on all the time, and there has to be sufficient lighting too. and who wants full brightness all the time when ir-leds can do the same. and they are visible at nightvision.
whether apple is of course constantly taking photos (or someone can hack the devices for it), or e.g. with devices like alexa constantly listening and writing logs … i leave that to the aluminum hat wearers.
would it be technically feasible? surely. does it make sense: maybe. is it worth it … see my comment on the voluntary input of data.

btw… some technology-speak: IR-LED is not the same as IR-LED :wink: There are basically 2 types: 850nm wavelength and 940nm. The human eye can still recognize 850nm as a very faint red glow, but 940nm is really invisible. However, 850nm has a significantly higher range than 940nm and is therefore mostly used in outdoor surveillance cameras. indoors it depends on the manufacturer.

Yes , u can desactivated if u want