8 Likes

Love is in the air at Art’s place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Mr. Bean (on the sofa) and Shtaket (?)

8 Likes

Liqui-Cat

8 Likes

Our youngest is a little smaller.

11 Likes

A baby Bengal. So beautiful and adorable!

3 Likes

We also have two Savannah and a little dog. Wasn’t to easy at the beginning but if you now are aggressive to our dog you have a problem. Very protective. Our dog is halve the size of the cats. Both cats are from Ukraine by the way. We have sheltered Ukrainian refugees. They went back and the cats stayed with us.

10 Likes

We had a third but past away due to illness unfortunately.

5 Likes

These are deemed the wildest and biggest domestic cats. Even dwarfing Maine Coons. They are half Serval if I remember right…

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

3 Likes

Totally true. You can’t keep them in a small place. That’s why our friends asked if they could stay with us. We have a big place behind our House outdoors were they can go crazy. They will break your house other ways.

2 Likes

Yeah but very beautiful animals :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Yes. Mother was a Serval.

2 Likes

And daddy a Savannah? Or another breed? If you need a Savannah to make a Savannah I ask myself how very first one was made? :joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yes. A breed from Serval and Savannah. You have them from F1, F2 etc. Very expensive cats you can’t keep them outdoors. Not even in Germany.

But how did they make very first one? When there was no Savannah? :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, kind of like the chicken and egg scenario (and age old question of which came first).

3 Likes

Smart question actually. Never thought about that :thinking:
:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I guess maybe two Servals who were a bit smaller and more tame?

Simple, from a Serval and a normal cat. And they call it Savannah cat :crazy_face:

1 Like

The Savannah Cat breed is a crossbreed of a domestic cat with an African Serval. The first kitten, named “Savannah”, was born on April 7, 1986 and the first generation possessed traits of both domestic cats and African Servals. They had the Serval’s size but the tameness of a domestic cat. In 2012, The International Cat Association (TICA) accepted the Savannah Cat as an official breed.

3 Likes