Discussion about Russian invasion of Ukraine

Some pictures I found on Instagram about protests today in my country.

The Spectator Index @spectatorindex 4m

BREAKING: Russiaā€™s ruble falls to 117 per US Dollar, a decline of 41%

Yep and it could fall even further by the end of Mondayā€™s trading.

Iā€™m no expert on money, but I think not many countries are trading with Russia at the moment so the effects of the ruble falling are not that big?

:cry:

Belarus is joining Russia in the invasion. (Washington Post)

I guess Putin made them. I also guess the Belarus soldiers will not be very motivated.

Exactly I canā€™t see Belarus making much of an impact especially when his own soldiers have low motivation. But yes no doubt this was under duress.

Belarus will send troops to support the Russians today. In addition, they have passed a law allowing them to use nuclear weapons.

The world is sinking further and further into dark times.

Belarus doesnā€™t have any nuclear weapons of its own as it had to rescind the 1992 Lisbon Protocol and formally join Russia through a double referendum renouncing its neutral status and allowing constitutional reforms that will allow the country to host nuclear weapons.

Well letā€™s just say that referendums in Belarus are a forgone conclusion and as renouncing its neutral status that was done earlier when they allowed Russian troops to attack from its borders. :rage:

It comes as no surprise that Lukashenko added his own little amendment to the referendum to cement his grip on power as they allow the him to stay in power until 2035 and give him lifetime immunity from prosecution once he leaves office. :man_facepalming:

It has been said that the deployment is from Russia.

And I think that these two countries are laughing at international agreements at the moment.

But the best thing about this morning is that Kyiv is still a free city and today I believe are the most important peace talks in my lifetime and I pray that something good comes out of this for all our sakes. :heart: :heart: :heart:

On a lighter note

If you want a laugh today then go to this website, the Russian War on Fake News project :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: https://Š²Š¾Š¹Š½Š°ŃŃ„ŠµŠ¹ŠŗŠ°Š¼Šø.рф/

I am afraid of these conversations. I donā€™t trust the Russians. I am afraid that this is just a trap, a trap to capture the delegation.

I donā€™t think so as they would be breaking international laws on peace delegations - I fear more that they will not succeed as today as the failure doesnā€™t bear thinking about.

Thatā€™s right as they have medium ranged nuclear warheads and nuclear field artillery that now are being able to be mobilised into Belarus after this constitutional reform, before they werenā€™t due to the 1992 Lisbon Protocol . :frowning:

Ukpolska, I am worried, really worried. We are dealing with an unbalanced man who is rattling around with nuclear weapons and who is increasingly being cornered by the West. The question is, where is the point at which the deluded mind feels that it has nothing more to lose?

Indeed, I have the feeling that it can only be stopped by its own people, who are scared to death of it.

The whole world is walking very close to the edge. I conclude that the most we could do at the moment is to raise the awareness of the Russian people. There are a lot of them holding their heads, and, unfortunately, there are a lot of misguided ones.

Do not forget that I went through the Balkan war, an unprecedented slaughterhouse, brother killing brother. For the time being, the Russians are not taking on civilians, if that changes, Europe is going to the Stone Age. And probably the whole world.

We are all worried but letā€™s try to worry about the things we can do in life.

I am going to take the day off and take my wife and daughters out for the day and enjoy the sunshine together as it is a beautiful day today and I suggest you do the same and find some loved ones and spend time with them. Try not to worry and take care.

1 Like

Good advice, unfortunately impossible, working all day and itā€™s extremely cold outside, hurricane winds, we were even without electricity for a while. When I get home I have to look about how much damage has been done.

Have a good day!

the biggest problem is what will be the next day for ukraineā€¦ukraine wil be not the same againā€¦putin has the control of some parts of the country and he will not leave from thereā€¦

I guess it is you!

A farmer thought he might find a use for an abandoned Russian tank, so he towed it back to his farm. Ever resourceful those Ukrainians :rofl: :rofl: