Categorization & Post reactions

Hi, i assume by your term “Discourse” that this is the inhouse name of this forum software?

Yes i do flip in and out and am slowly getting into it.but still revert back to CamCaps but then who knows
As on CamCaps i do find it easier to remain on a home page tab and open topics and notifications in their own tabs which helps to break things down in my simple mind lol.
I do note you have added a home button now which was one of my original moans though i did find after that by clicking on the VHTV logo had the same effect as a Home button.

I have also found that notifications are shown by clicking on ones own icon top right whereas CamCaps has an icon always showing with the number of notifications indicated, just a thought :+1:

I note you only have a Like option? do you intend to add any other reactions?

I must say though responses to members queries or moans lol seem to be very good.

Yes we plan to introduce reactions in addition to like button. This may appear in a week or so.

We will try to rework how apartment topics & categories work. This is far from ideal right now here.

2 Likes

I notice that emoji based reactions are appearing on some posts now (e.g. thumbs up, smiley, sad face etc.) but cannot see how to apply one. The ‘Like’ icon does not seem to offer alternatives. Does it require a ‘Plugin’ or is it trust based? In case it makes a difference I use the desktop interface, not the mobile one. Thanks for your help. :+1:

For me if it is a mobile device I just touch and hold the outlined heart icon until the other emoji’s appear, if it is a pc/laptop then just hover the mouse over the icon.

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt response. Hovering the mouse over the icon is what I would have expected but it only shows a small text box saying ‘Like this post’ (screenshot below). I have tried Chrome and Edge browsers with the same result. Thanks anyway.

Here is what I get, I am using chrome. image I think this maybe more a @VHTV can help issue. :+1:

1 Like

On Pc and on Android Mobile working the same way @Just_In said. On both using Chrome

1 Like

Thank you for your help and for tagging @VHTV , as you say, perhaps they can throw a little more light onto the problem

That’s weird.

• What’s your Chrome version?
  • What is the device you’re using Chrome at?
  • Can you please open dev panel (via options or just F12), select Console tab, then refresh this page & hover the like button again? There may be some errors being shown in the Console.

But it seems like it’s browser-specific. Haven’t found the issue described within this plugin discussion at Discourse too. The only thing which is kinda related is Discourse Reactions - Beyond Likes - #21 - plugin - Discourse Meta Are you using the physical device or the cursor is “virtual”, which may be the case when using remote desktop connections or VNC.

There’s also similar running issue described and I don’t see if the issue was identified and fixed.

1 Like

Chrome version is 93.0.4577.63 (64 bit) Device is PC (Microsoft Surface) I am using the physical device there is no remote connection nor VNC

The Dev panel returns the following: Forum03

The Console in ‘Edge’ returns the following: Forum04

The first entry is definitely related to the issue you have. Could you please expand the entry and paste the image or (better) the whole text within it?

1 Like

Expanding does not offer a lot more. (‘Sources’ view in post to follow)

_application-d8b5850…4931fcbfe4.js:23738 “component:emoji-value-list” was not found by modifyClass

value @ _application-d8b5850…4931fcbfe4.js:23738

Let’s try classic things first. I don’t like this approach, but when issue is present for one user only, that’s the way. You need to clear cache data for the forum.voyeur-house.tv at your browser. But try opening forum & logging in via incognito window first.

1 Like

Not wishing to butt in but whilst not always a cache issue etc i always set my browsers up to automatically clear all cache data like history,cookies and images etc when ever i shut down which ensures you start with a clean slate on your next browser session.

Incognito window made no difference. Similarly, after clearing the cache for all time periods the problem still exists.

I have made some progress in that using Edge or Safari on my iPad (IOS) it does work OK. This shows it is device specific so I need to investigate further the settings on my Windows machine.

Thank you to all that have contributed and if I find the solution I will update the forum.

No problem with people who butt in and provide useful and relevant advice. I’d give your post a :+1: if it would let me. That said I now know I can use my iPad to do it. :grinning:

Check for extensions too. Especially those you allowed to run in incognito mode.

1 Like

One additional problem i have found on various sites that have caused funny’s is adblockers,. Ifyou turn them off on that particular site say it often solves many problems.