[BUG] Search function no longer working after maintenance

You might want to look into that @VHTV @BusyBee

The search function of the forums give an internal error:

1 Like

We are aware of this and several more issues.

Sorry, our infrastructure team decided to run some maintenance today. Hope they will fix it soon.

1 Like

We are investigating the issue of missing avatars today. As well as long-due issue of missing GIF icon in composer.

1 Like

Best of luck. Let me know when I can help :hugs:

I’ve used it at least a half dozen times in the last few hours and it worked like a champ for me.

Because you are using the mobile version maybe, not working on computers

1 Like

Fair point.

1 Like

There is no “mobile” version, it’s all the same codebase.

@letsdothis Your search may be still working if you haven’t yet refreshed the forum page yet. This may have kept the old cache. Is it possible for you to provide a video recording from your device of this functionality working?

2 Likes

There may not be a mobile version, but the forum sure looks a WHOLE lot different than when I’m on a computer.

I’m not very familiar with Android. I’ve mostly just been using the browser. I’ll have to see if I can find something to record the screen. It may take some time.

Not sure how much helps, i have tried from both laptop and mobile and while from laptop i get the error straight away when i start typing on the search box, it’s not the same from mobile, i can type and search but it only gives me results on the users and no results found on the other 2 categories

Screenshots from the mobile if helps

I get exactly the same behavior on mobile

OK, things have changed for me. I was going to reproduce John’s search above, but it’s no longer working for me either.

If I open the search in an already open tab, it let’s me type the search criteria, but gives me no results, just as John experienced. Sorry, I have a screenshot, but I can’t find a way to copy it to the clipboard. It’s exactly the same as John’s above.

But, if I open Search in a new tab, it immediately gives me an error. I would post it if I could figure out how to copy it to the clipboard.

It says the forum software had an unexpected problem and that it was logged and a notification was sent to you.

Android refreshes the tab every time I go back to an open tab. When Search was working for me, which was all night, the tab was refreshed every time. I also normally would open it in a new tab anyway.

I never had a problem with Search until after I read about the problem in this topic less than an hour ago.

Unfortunately, due to our internal mistake, we have to leave search out of order until next Monday. We will give an update on Monday in regards to this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. And have a nice weekend :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Aaaand it’s back and working again

Over It I Give Up GIF

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!! :+1:

Now you’ve earned your weekend too. :heart:

1 Like

I’m far from being done yet :smiley:

There’s some more for today :fire:

Wow Monday came early. Great work :hugs: