Bitcoin: I just got a year VHTV Premium for free

Actually I got more than a year, and maybe technically I didn’t get it for free, but it sure feels like that.

So, about a year ago, PayPal wasn’t available here anymore and my subscription was running out. And I don’t have a credit card. Never wanted one, never needed one. I’m kind of stubborn in that. And if one day I should succumb to the societal pressure of getting one of the damned things, I surely don’t want the reason to be a subscription to an adult entertainment website.

So I gave bitcoin a try, which is admittedly illogical. Crypto is obviously even more shady than the whole credit card nonsense. Anyway, I tried. And gave up. Maybe because I’m too stupid with these things, maybe because here in Germany we’re especially fond of regulations and burocracy. At every step of the way a dozen more burocratic hurdles seemed to appear, over which I’d have to jump if I wanted to renew my subscription. I decied that it was more hassle than it was worth and I didn’t need VHTV that badly, maybe I’d try again later. That all was about a year ago.

Now I tried again. When I gave up on the first try I had already created a bitvavo account and managed to acquire bitcoin for some 300 €, only to find out I couldn’t do anything with those, unless hurdles, hurles, hurdles. Now picture my surprise when I found out that during the last year that little bit of bitcoin had more than doubled it’s value. It’s infuriating! Old fashioned, remember? I don’t even believe in f*cking crypto. And now it’s smirking at me: “See the wonderful things I can do with your money?”

For a little moment I even considered buying a lot more crypto, but I stayed firm. Still think it’s a scam and a bubble that’s bound to burst at some time.

Anyway, today I tried again to get the bitcoin thing to work, a fresh new approach and more relaxed because I was only playing with free money. And succeeded. Now I have 395 days, 360 coins and still more crypto money than I had a year ago.

Ok, this turned more into a story time although I had started writing this in the feedback section as the payment options stuff seems to fit right in here. So if some of you can’t subscribe through Verotel, for whatever reason, maybe don’t give up on the bitcoin option, if I can do it, so can you. Just, for the love of god, don’t anybody risk their life savings on some foolish investments only because a grumpy middle aged man told a funny story here tonight.

12 Likes

finally someone with proof it works
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

2 Likes

This gentlemen makes free money, everyone! Glad for you, @Julio137347, and thank you for subscribing! :heart:

BTC is quite convenient way to pay for services, as well as using other crypto. If you sign up to some legitimate exchange like Binance (not so legitimate IMO), Kraken, Coinbase, and dozens of other companies with multi-year reputation and proof of reserves, the whole process takes up to minutes if withdrawal of the exchange is done fast by them.

Be advised there are no financial recommendations present in this topic so far :see_no_evil::v:

2 Likes

I just bought a 6 month subscription but didn’t see Easter as the Promo Code and I didn’t get JACK and I contacted support but that resulted into nothing either. They are capable to see when I paid last week but that didn’t matter so screwed I was!

1 Like

Please provide us with a ticket number, I can’t find any relevant ticket associated with this email

P.S. We’ve added you days after this post anyway, but I’m keen to check why I can’t see your ticket :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh, and I have a little bit of real feedback about the bitcoin process. QR codes would be nice. As it is I was now sending emails with those wallet addresses to my cellphone, on which I now have a bitcoin wallet app, to copy and paste. Because I didn’t want to risk a typo typing in the long things with my sausage fingers on that little screen.

6 Likes

I just paid for my renewal with Bitcoin, it’s a bit clunky as a process, and I concur with Julio137347, a QR code would make the whole thing a lot easier.