Another strange occurrence

Has anyone else experienced this?

Over the last day or two, I’ve noticed a 1.00 inside a small box on all posted videos and some pictures.

In either case, it disappears when I go to full screen mode on the videos, or switch to horizontal mode with the pictures.

Picture - vertical/portrait mode (when you first click on the preview)

Picture - horizontal/landscape mode (by rotating my phone)

Video - vertical/portrait mode

Video - horizontal/landscape mode (full screen)

With videos, it’s always right under the date/time stamp. With pictures, it’s still under the date/time stamp, but varies in position vertically.

And, as I said, sometimes it’s not on the pictures, but this could be due to taking a screenshot from the stream, or the timeline vs taking a screenshot from a recorded video. Just a guess.

Obviously, it shows up on downloaded media, so it’s a problem.

Thanks to @Kade181727 for the originals.

2 Likes

Never noticed this on my end.

Could it be from your viewer/player indicating either normal speed or normal extension/enlargement?

Then if you would zoom it, the figure would have to change.

Just an idea.

2 Likes

Most likely some overlay of a plugin or third party tool. I don’t have this.

2 Likes

Good thought. It could be, IDK, but I’m just viewing it in the browser using the forum software.

I’ll check that out. Won’t be 'til later, though. My pillow is beckoning.

1 Like

Did you try to view from a computer instead mobile phone?

I wish I had one that worked.

I could say, that I have several Laptops of decent capacity, that are not used,

but I don’t. :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

2 Likes

It turned out to be an extension in the browser. It lets me speed up or slow down a video on the the fly. Even while it’s playing.

How can you speed up a live stream? :wink:

1 Like

Well, I can’t really answer that question because I didn’t code it, but it works just fine with recordings or live streams.

1 Like

can you tell the name of the extension? I’m always looking for interesting functions… who knows what you might need them for

1 Like

Pretty sure not as it could see in the future that way :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s called, Video Speed Controller for Android. But, that doesn’t mean there’s not also a Windows or iOS version, as well. I’m guessing there may at least be a Windows version, since it lets you create keyboard shortcuts, which don’t really work for Android.

I even slowed down one of your time lapse videos to get a better look at something. I also use it so I don’t have to rewind so much to read subtitles.

I did notice that the live stream seemed to have a harder time keeping up with itself the more I sped it up, i.e. more buffering, stops and starts, but that could be VHTV’s fault.

I hope you find it useful.

I can only tell you my experience. It worked quite well for me on VHTV’s stream.

Except for the buffering I mentioned above.

found it for firefox.
that could be really useful if you want to save a specific frame, because you can switch to slow motion… I have to test how that works with the VH buffer…

1 Like

I forgot to say I use it with Firefox for Android.

also available for chrome, and as an addon on the pc, not just android

1 Like

It is not possible to speed up a live stream. How can you speed up events which are happening live? :joy::joy:

1 Like