Amelie, Oscar & Pearl

They, too, are watching “Kinds of Kindness” by Yorgos Lanthimos. I already wrote a sermon about this, which nobody seems to be interested in, in the Ally and Dan topic. Which doesn’t keep me from promoting good movies.

Edit: On second thought, maybe I should pick a better screenshot to get people interested in this film:

10 Likes

Qual é o filme que estão a assistir na segunda fotografia?

:sparkling_heart: :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Same as in the first one, “Kinds of Kindness”.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Amelie comes home Pearl leaves! :hugs: :heart_eyes:

Amelie took a quick shower and went to bed! :sleeping: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

OK, this morning I made an observation I cannot un-observe, and while I think this is really none of our business, there are some guys here who are downright obsessed with this. I’m talking about the female menstruation cycle.

Amelie came home just as Pearl was about to leave. Oscar then packed what seemed to be some sanitary pads into Pearls rucksack, suggesting it might be those days. For Amelie it definitely seems to be those days as indicated by some droplets of blood on the shower floor, you can see it in Alek’s picture above. Which brings up the question, coincidence, or have the girls synced up their cycle? I heard about this before, but is it just an urban legend of female biology?

1 Like

The latest research on the subject was published in 2017. Oxford University, in collaboration with the menstrual tracking app Clue, analysed three cycles of 360 close female duos and found no synchronisation in the vast majority of pairs. Another large Chinese study claimed in 2006 that women in dormitories did not synchronise their periods.
So it can’t be a generalisation, but if we know that the average cycle lasts 29 days and that menstruation lasts between 4 days and a week, there’s obviously a statistical chance that several women will have at least one menstrual day in common. Seeing this as something other than chance is called confirmation bias: the natural tendency to favour information that reinforces our preconceived ideas.

8 Likes

Maybe you’re on to something, but probably just by chance! :face_with_monocle: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

5 Likes

:fire: :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Amelie seems to be going on a journey …

3 Likes

:sleeping:

6 Likes

Let’s just hope she comes back.

1 Like

When I was at Uni ( in the old days :grinning:) there was a girls hall of residence. They conducted an experiment on the point you make - over the course of 10 weeks, the girls periods all aligned. It was seen as proof that if women live together, then their periods will align.

1 Like

9 Likes

11 Likes

Boa noite e sonhos felizes. :sparkling_heart: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

8 Likes